or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2578

post #38656 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

HIDE (Click to show)


So I just got my Epaulet Natural Brixtons about a week ago, and I wore them out one day last week.  I'm thinking I want to get some sort of rubber sole protection for winter - is it too late now since I wore them out?  Is there a decent place in Chicago I can get this done?

No, you can still get a Topy put on. If you can't find a place in Chicago, B. Nelson will be able to do it.
post #38657 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

So I just got my Epaulet Natural Brixtons about a week ago, and I wore them out one day last week.  I'm thinking I want to get some sort of rubber sole protection for winter - is it too late now since I wore them out?  Is there a decent place in Chicago I can get this done?

 

If you want to have rubber soles like vibram Topys installed, it's actually better to have some wear on the sole as it allows the sole to adhere better.

 

Gus Shoe Repair on the North Side of Chicago does a good job with rubber soles.

post #38658 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I've been on a bit of a LWB tear lately (I'm still waiting for two other pairs to arrive).
L-R: Ravello, CXL, and J. Crew Crepe. The #8 Crews are definitely a serious Frankenshoe. I'm a little disappointed that the welt is dark rather than the antique brown they show on the website. However, seeing the price of those cigar Indys, I'm not complaining for a sub $500 pair of shells.

nephew,
wear in good health your gunboats
post #38659 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post





So I just got my Epaulet Natural Brixtons about a week ago, and I wore them out one day last week.  I'm thinking I want to get some sort of rubber sole protection for winter - is it too late now since I wore them out?  Is there a decent place in Chicago I can get this done?

Brooks Shoe Service. They're at 29 E Madison. Head up the elevator to the sixth floor, take a left, and they're at the end of the hall. It'll be $35 for a Topy. They always quote a week or more for turnaround, and have always taken less (for me, at least).
post #38660 of 99225
how has jcrew been as far as exchanges go on aldens? I ordered the #8 captoe boot and wanted to try going up half a size but I used a coupon with the shoes. will I be able to do a straight exchange or will I lose the discount?
post #38661 of 99225

#8 lwb
argyles otc
post #38662 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

how has jcrew been as far as exchanges go on aldens? I ordered the #8 captoe boot and wanted to try going up half a size but I used a coupon with the shoes. will I be able to do a straight exchange or will I lose the discount?

If you are doing an exchange for size I don't think it will be an issue.
post #38663 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar lwb
argyles otc

 

To quote my niece when she was 5 and saw candy, "I NEED that."  

 

Cigar is stunning!

 

Andrew

post #38664 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Snob View Post

To quote my niece when she was 5 and saw candy, "I NEED that."  

Cigar is stunning!

Andrew

nephew,
thank you
post #38665 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

how has jcrew been as far as exchanges go on aldens? I ordered the #8 captoe boot and wanted to try going up half a size but I used a coupon with the shoes. will I be able to do a straight exchange or will I lose the discount?

 

they honored the reduced price for me on a pair of indys awhile back that I had to go a size down on

post #38666 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

how has jcrew been as far as exchanges go on aldens? I ordered the #8 captoe boot and wanted to try going up half a size but I used a coupon with the shoes. will I be able to do a straight exchange or will I lose the discount?

I have never heard of a company not honoring a discount on a straight exchange. It would be, at once, illogical and absurd. You will be fine.
post #38667 of 99225
Finally got my first pair. J Crew snuff plain toe boot. Extremely comfortable right out of the box.

Has there ever been/will they ever make black suede plain toe boots?
post #38668 of 99225
TSM #4 captoes. I have #4 wingtips and wasn't sure I really needed captoes too. I'm not sure I can give these up though.







post #38669 of 99225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW View Post

Finally got my first pair. J Crew snuff plain toe boot. Extremely comfortable right out of the box.
Has there ever been/will they ever make black suede plain toe boots?

It's not a 100% match for your request, but Context has a nice rough out black boot:
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1950
post #38670 of 99225
Could you share where and how to get those shell carmina? Tks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***