or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2576

post #38626 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Yes, well, every time I called LS to inquire about a shoe, they happened to have one in my size.  It was quite remarkable really.  So a good chuck of my Alden collection is courtesy of LS.  I'll have to check my closet, but I probably have 10 pairs er no make it 14 pair if you count the black shell cap toes I have on order.

blucher or bal? straight tip or perf tip?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #38627 of 89904

Would it be appropriate to infer that you have 4 pairs of black shell cap toes on order?

 

While 10-14 is no small feat, I thought it may have been more.  I guess the tear that I was noticing may not have been exclusive to Alden, and you may have shared some pics of Rancourts and Vibergs that you bought.  It just seemed for a while that every time I clicked on a thread, you had just gotten a new pair of shoes.  You must have a lot of calluses on your feet from breaking in so many new pairs.

post #38628 of 89904

I have recently fell in love with the look of the Shell Cordovan Alden Indy. 

So far, I think these have been my favorite- http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/3127508729/officersindycigarshell

 

I have spent about the last 3 hours calling everywhere from Hawaii, California, New York, Seattle with 0 luck of any in stock, preorder, or future shipments. Does anyone have ideas of what the best way to acquire a pair in the future is, or to get notifications of future orders? 

post #38629 of 89904

See this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Cigar Indys in stock at ShoeMart:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-40566c-cigar-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html
post #38630 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33peace View Post

I have recently fell in love with the look of the Shell Cordovan Alden Indy. 

So far, I think these have been my favorite- http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/3127508729/officersindycigarshell

 

I have spent about the last 3 hours calling everywhere from Hawaii, California, New York, Seattle with 0 luck of any in stock, preorder, or future shipments. Does anyone have ideas of what the best way to acquire a pair in the future is, or to get notifications of future orders? 

The shoe mart ones posted earlier today are pretty darn similar IMO.

post #38631 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

The shoe mart ones posted earlier today are pretty darn similar IMO.

If those aren't close enough, one may be waiting for a few more years ......
post #38632 of 89904

I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date. 

post #38633 of 89904

May 2013 isn't that long of a wait in the Alden scheme of things.  Just the blink of an eye really...

post #38634 of 89904

Also (sorry for so many posts in rapid succession) is 8.5D your true size? or your Trubalance size?  As they may vary SIGNIFICANTLY.

post #38635 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


blucher or bal? straight tip or perf tip?

 

Sorry, I have 13 (for some reason I really thought it was only 10). The 14th are black shell plain cap toes, Hampton last from Alden NY.

 

Originally, I had also forgotten the two pair of Truflare wingtips I recently acquired.

post #38636 of 89904

I wear an 8.5D in my Alden Indy 403, so I am guessing it would be the same in the Shell Cordovan. Is that correct?

post #38637 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33peace View Post

I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Also (sorry for so many posts in rapid succession) is 8.5D your true size? or your Trubalance size?  As they may vary SIGNIFICANTLY.

FYI, Alden of NY just emailed me they just received a Cigar Indy (trubalance, double leather soles) in 8D that are on hold for me. Since I picked up a pair with commando soles a few months ago from J. Gilbert, I'm going to let them know I no longer want them.
post #38638 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33peace View Post

I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date. 

if you are 8.5D in barries, I feel that 8D would work with the indys. they run a bit wider with indys from experience with my pair. If you are that desperate for it, get the 8. you always can return them.

post #38639 of 89904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Cigar Indys in stock at ShoeMart:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-40566c-cigar-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html

You can score Carmina shell for less than that, from Europe, shipped to your door. Ugh.
post #38640 of 89904

looks like it might be time to snatch up a couple staple shoes and retire from the shell ring confused.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***