or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2573

post #38581 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Two newest adds
Ravello captoe boot, Barrie last, commando sole from Unionmade
9ygyga2y.jpg
Cigar NST shoes, Aberdeen last, antique edge trim from Alden NYC (my first NST - 10E in Aberdeen works great)
3agypy3u.jpg
Will post a family captoe picture this weekend

Both looking good!
post #38582 of 94202
I'm just curious, did the suede J crew indys make it into the J crew sale? I sorta want to flip my indys i purchased when I get them in march and buy these.

Anyone on here have them and can post pics?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~90858/90858.jsp
post #38583 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Two newest adds
Ravello captoe boot, Barrie last, commando sole from Unionmade
9ygyga2y.jpg
Cigar NST shoes, Aberdeen last, antique edge trim from Alden NYC (my first NST - 10E in Aberdeen works great)
3agypy3u.jpg
Will post a family captoe picture this weekend

Nice additions, and as always wear them in health.
post #38584 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


nephew,
thank you
where is yours

I'm actually working from home this week recovering from a shoulder operation and the WSJ subscription goes to the office.  

post #38585 of 94202
shell shot:

back left: #8 cap toe boot (J.Crew), #4 WT boot (TSM)

mid row: cigar beale (union made), whiskey bal cap toe (alden ny), #8 LWB with antique edge (Leffot), #8 LHS

front row: navy LWB (florsheim x duckie brown), black swb (leather sole)


post #38586 of 94202

I have a couple loose speed hooks on my JCrew #8 captoe boots. The only one that's irritating is the top one. It spins around with pressure from the lace. Can these be repaired by a cobbler? It seems like a small issue to ship back to Alden.

post #38587 of 94202
post #38588 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Cigar Indys in stock at ShoeMart:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-40566c-cigar-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html

Shell prices are sure going up quickly... they were in the mid-$600s not that long ago.

post #38589 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Cigar Indys in stock at ShoeMart:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-40566c-cigar-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html

$742. wow.

my shell addiction may be cured on its own at these levels.
post #38590 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

shell shot:
back left: #8 cap toe boot (J.Crew), #4 WT boot (TSM)
mid row: cigar beale (union made), whiskey bal cap toe (alden ny), #8 LWB with antique edge (Leffot), #8 LHS
front row: navy LWB (florsheim x duckie brown), black swb (leather sole)

A lot of rare models here (whiskey cap toe, #4 wingtip, etc). Nice collection
post #38591 of 94202

Any idea on where to purchase Alden shoe laces for the cap toe boot? I tried a search and was unable to come up with a vendor or point of purchase.

 

Really appreciate the help. Had one bust trying to get out the door to work this morning. Was a bad sign, the day has been downhill from there. Thank you!

post #38592 of 94202

Call the vendor that sold you the boots.

 

Alternatively, you can get laces from a number of outlets, online, at the cobbler shop, etc.  I buy Benjos for the most part.

post #38593 of 94202

Sorry for the long-windedness of this post but I have a bit of an interesting sizing situation here.

On a recent trip to NYC I bought my first pair of Aldens, some Whiskey Cordovan Indy's in size 9EEE. I typically wear size 11 in boots, but when I was looking at the shoe on display it looked about the right size. Turns out it was, and in fact was the best fitting boot I'd ever worn. When I remarked how odd it was that a size 9EEE fit right, the sales associate said that for each width rating, Aldens tend to go up half a size in lenght (*scratching head*).

Fast forward a few months and I pick up a pair of second hand CXL plain toe boots on the True Balance last, this time in size 11. The outsoles are the exact same length. Turns out the guy was essentially right. The difference however is in the fit of the uppers. The 11 is shaped for a foot with roughly the same shape but much more girth than the 9EEE (particularly in the heel cup). The 11 works for me with a tight lacing and thick socks, but I prefer the fit of the 9.


To add to all this, I saw an ebay post for some 10E's that had the same outsole measurements as my 9EE and 11D. So at this stage I'm starting to believe that I could probably fit multiple Aldens by playing with the length/width combo: 9EEE, 9.5EE, and 10E. Weirdest thing ever but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. My goal is to find which one is the optimal fit, but it's difficult to find Aldens to try on in SoCal.

 

So my question to you guys is whether anyone here has had a similar situation? What ended up being the best fit in the end? And finally, who would be best to talk to about this before I order my next pair? Someone at Alden (is that possible)? Or maybe someone from a particular retailer?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

 

Photo proof below, 11D's on top, 9EEE's on bottom:

400

post #38594 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerwo View Post

Sorry for the long-windedness of this post but I have a bit of an interesting sizing situation here.

On a recent trip to NYC I bought my first pair of Aldens, some Whiskey Cordovan Indy's in size 9EEE. I typically wear size 11 in boots, but when I was looking at the shoe on display it looked about the right size. Turns out it was, and in fact was the best fitting boot I'd ever worn. When I remarked how odd it was that a size 9EEE fit right, the sales associate said that for each width rating, Aldens tend to go up half a size in lenght (*scratching head*).

Fast forward a few months and I pick up a pair of second hand CXL plain toe boots on the True Balance last, this time in size 11. The outsoles are the exact same length. Turns out the guy was essentially right. The difference however is in the fit of the uppers. The 11 is shaped for a foot with roughly the same shape but much more girth than the 9EEE (particularly in the heel cup). The 11 works for me with a tight lacing and thick socks, but I prefer the fit of the 9.


To add to all this, I saw an ebay post for some 10E's that had the same outsole measurements as my 9EE and 11D. So at this stage I'm starting to believe that I could probably fit multiple Aldens by playing with the length/width combo: 9EEE, 9.5EE, and 10E. Weirdest thing ever but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. My goal is to find which one is the optimal fit, but it's difficult to find Aldens to try on in SoCal.

 

So my question to you guys is whether anyone here has had a similar situation? What ended up being the best fit in the end? And finally, who would be best to talk to about this before I order my next pair? Someone at Alden (is that possible)? Or maybe someone from a particular retailer?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

 

Photo proof below, 11D's on top, 9EEE's on bottom:

400

 

Have you considered just dropping by Leather Soul in Beverly Hills for a proper measuring?  They carry Alden and would be able to nip your questions in the bud. 

post #38595 of 94202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Cigar Indys in stock at ShoeMart:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-40566c-cigar-shell/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40566c_ald_m_40566c.html

ugh. would buy right now despite the price even if they weren't all eyelets. speed hooks, please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***