I am looking forward to receiving mine. Post some pics in natural light if you can.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Park Ave 10.5 EE Drop (MacNeil and Aldens are sold) Last post on 1/2/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My girlfriend just bought me these Alden LWB color 8! Show yours off! Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 2/9/14 at 3:11pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2549
Styleforum Top Picks
Great looking boots!!
Just curious ..... Am I the only one who doesn't tie the laces around the ankle of the boot with a boot such as the one pictured? I have no objection to it, I just don't happen to do it.
I do have these on order from Moulded Shoe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Should they ever come in, I think that will have my pebble grain boot needs taken care of. I also have an MTO from another shoemaker in the works that will combine pebble and shell. We'll see which I get first.
Appreciate the tip on other makers' pebble grain options, though. I don't really know anything about C&J or AS, so it's good to hear they offer some nice makeups along these lines.
I don't have a cap toe boot but these pebble grain C&Js WT Islays' have a danite sole.
The wait wouldn't be that bad if those are the ones you really want.
After all you will have them for an awful long time.
maybe its the lighting, what makes this different from the CXL indy?
They are indeed very similar. These are on the Modified last, which is what appeals to me. I also like the closed heal on the model from Moulded. Of course, the J Crew version has the advantage of a commando sole. Apparently they don't do that for the Modified last.
Moulded Shoe can add one at the shop.
I do, because Alden's laces are confoundedly long.
Those ravellos are gorgeous. I don't tie the laces around the ankle anymore. But I have a weird reason for not doing so as I actually like that look sometimes or for a change.
When I cross my legs and I'm just sitting (in a meeting, talking or watching tv), I tend to put my hand on the boot and just feel the incredible texture of the leather, whether it's shell or calf or whatever. Many of my boots have such a wonderful tactile feel to them. And the laces around the ankle prevented full appreciation of the tactile sensation. I know...I'm weird.
I have the blackbirds and the jgilberts. heres a picture.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 32 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The (semi-)official "slutty t-shirts" thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw