or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2537

post #38041 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

TSM irregular list in my inbox this morning. At least for the 8.5-9 range, same shit as the last three lists.

I got the lists for the 7.5D/E and 8D/E shoes and was again very disappointed in the offerings. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular but there was not a single shoe on any of those four lists that even began to tempt me.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #38042 of 87407

 

 

1000

 

 

I'm going to have to step it up in the sock department if I'm going to be wearing these shoes.

post #38043 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

#8 Captoe, Modified Last, All Eyelets
IMG_7895.jpg

nephew,
good looking boot
could use a little mac
post #38044 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post





I'm going to have to step it up in the sock department if I'm going to be wearing these shoes.

i like your tassel
catching up on your wsj
post #38045 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Some Alden Christmas cheer:
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1452-1.jpg
-2-1.jpg
-33.jpg
-20.jpg
photo-13-1.jpg

nephew,
thank you for posting
post #38046 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

#8 Captoe, Modified Last, All Eyelets
IMG_7895.jpg

Would like to see some top views of this shoe. Are all your shoes (next post) on the modified last? Did you have to size down for the mod. last? Thanks.
post #38047 of 87407
25kqx6s.jpg
#8 wt
argyles otc
2hnrm89.jpg
post #38048 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

#8 Captoe, Modified Last, All Eyelets
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Some Alden Christmas cheer:
 

Nice to see some well worn Aldens!  I think there needs to be more pictures in this thread of Aldens that don't look like they are on their first wearing fresh out of the box. Something more along the lines of Simon Crompton's series of posts about "How Great Things Age" on Permanent Style.  nod[1].gif

post #38049 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Nice to see some well worn Aldens!  I think there needs to be more pictures in this thread of Aldens that don't look like they are on their first wearing fresh out of the box. Something more along the lines of Simon Crompton's series of posts about "How Great Things Age" on Permanent Style.  nod%5B1%5D.gif

the hole in your assumption is that if shoes are properly taken care of, they should look like they just came out of the box.
2hnrm89.jpg
these wt maybe older then you
post #38050 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Some Alden Christmas cheer:
IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1452-1.jpg
-2-1.jpg
-33.jpg
-20.jpg
photo-13-1.jpg

NYR, looking great! I'm being nit picky here, but edge trim dressing is your friend. smile.gif
post #38051 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

25kqx6s.jpg
#8 wt
argyles otc
2hnrm89.jpg

Nice to see balmorals posted, looking great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post





I'm going to have to step it up in the sock department if I'm going to be wearing these shoes.

Looking good & welcome to the forum. Try Alex, top notch.

http://www.customshirt1.com/
post #38052 of 87407
E3D69224-AFFF-4C3C-A660-8E38F7968BE6-230-0000006353A3BAAB.jpg
c8e6f448d5064ca9dee7220848426e50.jpg
aa0ae30bf383ae953bbd271c9a2acfce.jpg

Leffot x Alden NST (Tanker)
post #38053 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


welcome!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

Actually chromexel is a tanning process or "recipe."  They make chromexel out of several leathers including calf, full cow, and horse. 

That's good to know, sounds like and arduous process. I'd like to try a pair made of this material one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

E3D69224-AFFF-4C3C-A660-8E38F7968BE6-230-0000006353A3BAAB.jpg
c8e6f448d5064ca9dee7220848426e50.jpg
aa0ae30bf383ae953bbd271c9a2acfce.jpg
Leffot x Alden NST (Tanker)

Beautiful.

post #38054 of 87407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


the hole in your assumption is that if shoes are properly taken care of, they should look like they just came out of the box.
2hnrm89.jpg
these wt maybe older then you

 

I was waiting for someone to argue that point.satisfied.gif  What you say is correct to a degree, and I am in no way advocating neglect of shoes.  However, shoes age just like everything else and the beauty of high quality shoes is that the older they get, the more character they have.  The phrase frequently found in these forums is that "they get better with age."  If this is true (and I believe that it is), then the notion that they should look like they just came out of the box contradicts this.  Using your logic, new shoes and aged shoes that have had impeccable care should look nearly similar.  If they look better with age, then what is it that looks better about them if they look like they just came out of the box?  Your shoes look fantastic, but I can't say if they are older than me unless you tell me how old they are.  Without that vital piece of information your comment sounds more like a condescending pat on the head.  I'm not offended here, so please don't misunderstand me.  Shoe character is a subjective topic.       

post #38055 of 87407
I prefer old shoes that look new to old shoes that look old. Old shoes, well taken care of, will have a tendency to look new - and that is precisiely the point in taking care of them well. Just one man's opinion ....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***