or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2527

post #37891 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ It would be a horrible move for J. Crew to stock Aldens in their stores.  The additional cost to distribute, stock, manage and secure this inventory far outweighs the marginal profit they earn by selling such few pairs compared to their more affordable footwear.  Their typical customer doesn't have the financial means to purchase Aldens; as such, they're much better only offering them online or in certain stores in very affluent areas.  Having said that, the Century City store in LA (arguably as affluent as you get in the U.S.) doesn't stock Aldens either.

Seeing as the suburbs of Washington, DC account for seven out of the top ten highest earning counties in the United States (if you go by median household income), you'd think that if any J. Crew stores carry Aldens, if would be stores in the DC area.  Maybe I should call up the Georgetown and F street stores just to be sure, but at that point just visiting the actual Alden store is probably the best option.

 

Sounds like the guy at the Tyson's store didn't know what he was talking about.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37892 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Nothing is greener than Color 4, the levels of color are unbelievable. If anybody wants to part with the 10.5D let me know

I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:

black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey

Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.

nod[1].gif
post #37893 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:
black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey
Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.
nod[1].gif

You know my views on Color 8 already
post #37894 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:
black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey
Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.
nod[1].gif

what exactly is opaque black?  is that an Alden shell model of yours?

post #37895 of 87452
re: #4. What i love most about it is why Alden is brilliant: exclusivity.

The color is nice, don't get me wrong, but the rest of the spectrum is just as nice. If it were as widely available as the other colors (even the now sparse ravello and whiskey) I think you'd see the true colors of Alden #4 fans.
post #37896 of 87452

^ Same can be said for a diamond.  I agree that Color 4 is just another shade of the Alden rainbow, but exclusivity adds to its allure.

 

I'm with Sevenfoldtieguy in that I think Color 8 is the quintessential, most versatile shade.

post #37897 of 87452
How can i treat these scuffs on my Roys? Saphir reno and shoe brush doesn't cut it, I think i do this getting in and out of my car

9A5E9B67-4CDF-4B7B-A759-319EF9D1E50A-12408-00001633148433FF.jpg
post #37898 of 87452

Is that chromexcel?  Wouldn't baby your boots.  That's how it will look.  My Indys are made of the same leather and the more you break it in, the better it looks.

post #37899 of 87452
It is CXL. Gotcha, i have slight OCD with these boots, a bit less than my cordovan pair though.
post #37900 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How can i treat these scuffs on my Roys? Saphir reno and shoe brush doesn't cut it, I think i do this getting in and out of my car
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

9A5E9B67-4CDF-4B7B-A759-319EF9D1E50A-12408-00001633148433FF.jpg

 

Fill those in with some brown polish - I just hit my 403 with kiwi brown and was able to fill in the lighter colored scratches. Cream polish might work even better as it should have more pigmentation. 

post #37901 of 87452
Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.

I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,

4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family_rev.jpg
4family2.jpeg
Edited by sazon - 11/25/12 at 2:27pm
post #37902 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.
I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,
4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family.jpeg
4family2.jpeg

nice boots! nod[1].gif
post #37903 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

what exactly is opaque black?  is that an Alden shell model of yours?

AE's black shell has historically been opaque, sometimes even gray-ish.

However, AE now finishes its black and burgundy shell differently, making them closer to Alden's black and color 8.
post #37904 of 87452
sevenfold - thank you !

Looking at these pix, the #4WTB has definitely lightened....The difference between the #4 and Ravello was much more pronounced when I first got them.
post #37905 of 87452
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.
I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family.jpeg
4family2.jpeg

 

Great collection you have there, very nice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***