or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2526

post #37876 of 89994

Does anyone have a clue as to why Alden's horse hair brushes are so expensive?  They are even more expensive than shoe trees.  Am I missing something about them that makes them worth the cost? 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37877 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.
I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,
4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family.jpeg
4family2.jpeg

nephew,
thank you for posting
post #37878 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
thank you for posting
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

those cap toes look great. was wearing my #4 WTB today. looking forward to seeing those break in! they really have a great reddish tone to them.
post #37879 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Does anyone have a clue as to why Alden's horse hair brushes are so expensive?  They are even more expensive than shoe trees.  Am I missing something about them that makes them worth the cost? 

A selection I've put together:

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/necessaryluxuries/PRDOVR~10592/99102795804/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~4~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~alden/10592.jsp

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/accessories/brazilian-horsehair-shoe-brush

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF587_1_40000000001_-1

 

AE's is also made in the USA, and retails for for $7.00.  Oak Street's is made in Brazil, and is $10.  It would take a lot to earn the premium that the Alden commands.

post #37880 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

A selection I've put together:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/necessaryluxuries/PRDOVR~10592/99102795804/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~4~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~alden/10592.jsp
http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/accessories/brazilian-horsehair-shoe-brush
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF587_1_40000000001_-1

AE's is also made in the USA, and retails for for $7.00.  Oak Street's is made in Brazil, and is $10.  It would take a lot to earn the premium that the Alden commands.

i just buy wal*mart ones. i think they're $3.95. genuine horsehair, made in israel.
post #37881 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

A selection I've put together:

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/necessaryluxuries/PRDOVR~10592/99102795804/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~4~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~alden/10592.jsp

http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/accessories/brazilian-horsehair-shoe-brush

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF587_1_40000000001_-1

 

AE's is also made in the USA, and retails for for $7.00.  Oak Street's is made in Brazil, and is $10.  It would take a lot to earn the premium that the Alden commands.

 

Agreed.  I have a couple of Allen Edmonds brushes, and haven't had any trouble with them.  I know Alden charges a premium for exclusivity, but lets be honest here, these brushes are like six times the price of good quality competitors.  When compared to products of their competitors, they are the most expensive thing Alden sells (proportionally speaking).  That's why I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. 

post #37882 of 89994
post #37883 of 89994
mvrslv.jpg
#8 cap toe boot
argyles otc
post #37884 of 89994
mvrslv.jpg
#8 cap toe boot
argyles otc
zswj03.jpg
Edited by mcarthur - 11/25/12 at 2:38pm
post #37885 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

I don't understand how you people decide which pair of nearly identical shoes you're going to wear on a day to day basis..

There are much worse things in life, this I know for sure.

post #37886 of 89994
uncle, this boot on the plaza is gorgeous
post #37887 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

uncle, this boot on the plaza is gorgeous

nephew,
thank you
post #37888 of 89994
Jup, awesome!
post #37889 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How can i treat these scuffs on my Roys? Saphir reno and shoe brush doesn't cut it, I think i do this getting in and out of my car
9A5E9B67-4CDF-4B7B-A759-319EF9D1E50A-12408-00001633148433FF.jpg

Neatsfoot oil
post #37890 of 89994
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

I don't understand how you people decide which pair of nearly identical shoes you're going to wear on a day to day basis..

You first must convince yourself they are not nearly identical. biggrin.gif

To my wife my color 8 captoe bals are nearly identical to my color 8 captoe bluchers. I find they are not nearly identical. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***