or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2525

post #37861 of 94212

^ Same can be said for a diamond.  I agree that Color 4 is just another shade of the Alden rainbow, but exclusivity adds to its allure.

 

I'm with Sevenfoldtieguy in that I think Color 8 is the quintessential, most versatile shade.

post #37862 of 94212
How can i treat these scuffs on my Roys? Saphir reno and shoe brush doesn't cut it, I think i do this getting in and out of my car

9A5E9B67-4CDF-4B7B-A759-319EF9D1E50A-12408-00001633148433FF.jpg
post #37863 of 94212

Is that chromexcel?  Wouldn't baby your boots.  That's how it will look.  My Indys are made of the same leather and the more you break it in, the better it looks.

post #37864 of 94212
It is CXL. Gotcha, i have slight OCD with these boots, a bit less than my cordovan pair though.
post #37865 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How can i treat these scuffs on my Roys? Saphir reno and shoe brush doesn't cut it, I think i do this getting in and out of my car
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

9A5E9B67-4CDF-4B7B-A759-319EF9D1E50A-12408-00001633148433FF.jpg

 

Fill those in with some brown polish - I just hit my 403 with kiwi brown and was able to fill in the lighter colored scratches. Cream polish might work even better as it should have more pigmentation. 

post #37866 of 94212
Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.

I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,

4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family_rev.jpg
4family2.jpeg
Edited by sazon - 11/25/12 at 2:27pm
post #37867 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.
I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,
4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family.jpeg
4family2.jpeg

nice boots! nod[1].gif
post #37868 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

what exactly is opaque black?  is that an Alden shell model of yours?

AE's black shell has historically been opaque, sometimes even gray-ish.

However, AE now finishes its black and burgundy shell differently, making them closer to Alden's black and color 8.
post #37869 of 94212
sevenfold - thank you !

Looking at these pix, the #4WTB has definitely lightened....The difference between the #4 and Ravello was much more pronounced when I first got them.
post #37870 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Here are some pics of the #4 WTB and #4 Captoe Boot, with their Ravello WTB cousin in the middle. No real sunlight today, but the outside natural light shows off the color. The #4 WTB definitely looks lighter than the #4 Captoe. All 3 boots from The Shoe Mart.
I love the Barrie, but a #4 captoe boot on the Plaza would be incredible.,,,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

4family4.jpeg
4family3.jpeg
4family.jpeg
4family2.jpeg

 

Great collection you have there, very nice.

post #37871 of 94212
I don't understand how you people decide which pair of nearly identical shoes you're going to wear on a day to day basis..
post #37872 of 94212
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

I don't understand how you people decide which pair of nearly identical shoes you're going to wear on a day to day basis..

I line them up around me and I spin around until I fall down...that's what I wear for the day. biggrin.gif
post #37873 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

Code:
I line them up around me and I spin around until I fall down...that's what I wear for the day. biggrin.gif

 rotflmao.gif

post #37874 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

I don't understand how you people decide which pair of nearly identical shoes you're going to wear on a day to day basis..

... says my girlfriend.
post #37875 of 94212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:
black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey
Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.
nod[1].gif

nephew,
i agree with your conclusion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***