or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2524

post #37846 of 91775

I just shlepped down to my local J. Crew store in a mall to find out they don't carry the Aldens.  Then I called an even bigger streetfront store just now and was told they don't have them either, that only the "Collection" stores carry the Aldens.  The "collection" store locations are super inconvenient (in downtown DC and in Georgetown), though there's a chance the Tysons store carries them.  Might as well just go to the Alden store.  It's almost like they are trying not to sell their Aldens in-store.

 

Edit:  was told by a SA at the Tysons store that none of the J. Crew stores in the region carry Aldens because there is an Alden store in DC.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37847 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

This is the closest thing I can think of to the Parajumper.  You can always have the eyelets swapped out for brass if you're really into that...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsbd-4060_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

Looks like TSM just got a re-stock of these (10.5D and 11D were sold out earlier in the week).
post #37848 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacke View Post

I just shlepped down to my local J. Crew store in a mall to find out they don't carry the Aldens.  Then I called an even bigger streetfront store just now and was told they don't have them either, that only the "Collection" stores carry the Aldens.  The "collection" store locations are super inconvenient (in downtown DC and in Georgetown), though there's a chance the Tysons store carries them.  Might as well just go to the Alden store.  It's almost like they are trying not to sell their Aldens in-store.

Edit:  was told by a SA at the Tysons store that none of the J. Crew stores in the region carry Aldens because there is an Alden store in DC.

only J. Crew Men's Stores, J. Crew Flagship Stores and J. Crew.com sell Alden's. I have to imagine J. Crew is exempt from the radius requirements of other retailers given that there are plenty of Alden stockists in New York City and like... at least 4 Men's stores and plenty of Flagships that sell them... 5th Ave. and Rock Center come to mind.
post #37849 of 91775

^ It would be a horrible move for J. Crew to stock Aldens in their stores.  The additional cost to distribute, stock, manage and secure this inventory far outweighs the marginal profit they earn by selling such few pairs compared to their more affordable footwear.  Their typical customer doesn't have the financial means to purchase Aldens; as such, they're much better only offering them online or in certain stores in very affluent areas.  Having said that, the Century City store in LA (arguably as affluent as you get in the U.S.) doesn't stock Aldens either.

post #37850 of 91775
5uelih.jpg
brown horse bit
argyles otc
18m6tc.jpg
post #37851 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ It would be a horrible move for J. Crew to stock Aldens in their stores.  The additional cost to distribute, stock, manage and secure this inventory far outweighs the marginal profit they earn by selling such few pairs compared to their more affordable footwear.  Their typical customer doesn't have the financial means to purchase Aldens; as such, they're much better only offering them online or in certain stores in very affluent areas.  Having said that, the Century City store in LA (arguably as affluent as you get in the U.S.) doesn't stock Aldens either.

the only stores in california that stock Alden's in California are the Men's Stores at South Coast Plaza and at the Grove. I believe there is one in SF that may now, but just recently.
post #37852 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fad P View Post

Ok, thanks a lot for your help!

Try Alden Madison Ave and Alden DC as well. Not sure about international shipping, by I believe they both carry Grant last cap toe boots, and its possible they could have a C width.

Good luck

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/SHELL3.html
post #37853 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

the only stores in california that stock Alden's in California are the Men's Stores at South Coast Plaza and at the Grove. I believe there is one in SF that may now, but just recently.

Damn been to both stores recently and didn't see any Aldens
post #37854 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

the only stores in california that stock Alden's in California are the Men's Stores at South Coast Plaza and at the Grove. I believe there is one in SF that may now, but just recently.

Damn been to both stores recently and didn't see any Aldens


The only J Crew store I've personally seen that stocks Alden is the one at 30 Rock.

post #37855 of 91775
J crew sells Alden shoes at all 4 men's stores in NYC (Tribeca, Soho, Columbus Circle, Upper East Side). I'm not sure about their Ludlow suit shop in Tribeca. Obviously there are a number of Alden retailers in the area
post #37856 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ It would be a horrible move for J. Crew to stock Aldens in their stores.  The additional cost to distribute, stock, manage and secure this inventory far outweighs the marginal profit they earn by selling such few pairs compared to their more affordable footwear.  Their typical customer doesn't have the financial means to purchase Aldens; as such, they're much better only offering them online or in certain stores in very affluent areas.  Having said that, the Century City store in LA (arguably as affluent as you get in the U.S.) doesn't stock Aldens either.

Seeing as the suburbs of Washington, DC account for seven out of the top ten highest earning counties in the United States (if you go by median household income), you'd think that if any J. Crew stores carry Aldens, if would be stores in the DC area.  Maybe I should call up the Georgetown and F street stores just to be sure, but at that point just visiting the actual Alden store is probably the best option.

 

Sounds like the guy at the Tyson's store didn't know what he was talking about.

post #37857 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Nothing is greener than Color 4, the levels of color are unbelievable. If anybody wants to part with the 10.5D let me know

I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:

black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey

Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.

nod[1].gif
post #37858 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:
black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey
Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.
nod[1].gif

You know my views on Color 8 already
post #37859 of 91775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I have various models - shoes and boots - in shell, in the following colors:
black
opaque black
color 8 (lighter version and purple-ish version)
burgundy
dark brown
brown
cigar (darker version and lighter/olive-ish version)
color 4
ravello (light and dark)
whiskey
Color 4 is beautiful, and certainly unique, but ...... color 8 would be my first choice. And the decision is an easy one.
nod[1].gif

what exactly is opaque black?  is that an Alden shell model of yours?

post #37860 of 91775
re: #4. What i love most about it is why Alden is brilliant: exclusivity.

The color is nice, don't get me wrong, but the rest of the spectrum is just as nice. If it were as widely available as the other colors (even the now sparse ravello and whiskey) I think you'd see the true colors of Alden #4 fans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***