or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2523

post #37831 of 91728
^ Speaking of J Crew, they have yet to cancel my #8 crepe LWBs I ordered during one of their last sales. They were supposed to ship on Dec. 4th. Fingers crossed.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37832 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


The grass is always greener... just got my color 8 J Crew Cap toe boots.  Their pretty hot in their right!

Nothing is greener than Color 4, the levels of color are unbelievable. If anybody wants to part with the 10.5D let me know
post #37833 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

^ Speaking of J Crew, they have yet to cancel my #8 crepe LWBs I ordered during one of their last sales. They were supposed to ship on Dec. 4th. Fingers crossed.

Here's to hoping you get them soon.

 

You'll have to post some PICs when you get them.

post #37834 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

has anyone sent a pair of shoes into b nelson for flush mount toe taps? looks like my new cigar chukkas will benefit from it, curious of feedback and pricing if someone has had it done..

thanks

About $35 for Alden JCrew captoe boots. Very satisfied:

post #37835 of 91728
Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the world of Alden (I only think we have one stockist in Sweden – with a very limited selection) and I would be very happy if you could help point me in the right direction to find my grail shoes!

I'm looking for a pair of cap toe boots with speed hooks in #8 (or possibly black) in a size 8 or 8.5 (Grant, Hampton or Aberdeen last). In a perfect world with a C width (but I guess D could work).

I love the look of Frans Boones Parajumper Boots but don't have time to wait for the re-stock. Does anyone know if there is anything similar to what I'm looking for anywhere?
http://www.fransboonestore.com/store/re-stock-and-pre-order/alden-8-parajumper-boots-pre-order-possible-from-now-1-11-2012

Any help would be much appreciated!
post #37836 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

^ Speaking of J Crew, they have yet to cancel my #8 crepe LWBs I ordered during one of their last sales. They were supposed to ship on Dec. 4th. Fingers crossed.

Some dude reported that he called J Crew and asked about these orders. They said that the orders would be fulfilled.
(Although the first rule of the hot deal is to never call customer service.)

Also, based on past experience with these J Crew coupons, they didn't cancel orders once they were accepted.
I guess this case is a little different since there is such a long time before they're expected to ship.
post #37837 of 91728
here are the shell ptb's from sid mash burn...

IMG_4145.jpg
post #37838 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


Some dude reported that he called J Crew and asked about these orders. They said that the orders would be fulfilled.
(Although the first rule of the hot deal is to never call customer service.)
Also, based on past experience with these J Crew coupons, they didn't cancel orders once they were accepted.
I guess this case is a little different since there is such a long time before they're expected to ship.

 

jcrew fulfilled an order of mine for some indy's, bought with a coupon.

 

which cant be said for lands end, who canceled an order on some oak streets and then lied about quality control being the issue patch[1].gif

post #37839 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fad P View Post

Hi guys,
I'm quite new to the world of Alden (I only think we have one stockist in Sweden – with a very limited selection) and I would be very happy if you could help point me in the right direction to find my grail shoes!
I'm looking for a pair of cap toe boots with speed hooks in #8 (or possibly black) in a size 8 or 8.5 (Grant, Hampton or Aberdeen last). In a perfect world with a C width (but I guess D could work).
I love the look of Frans Boones Parajumper Boots but don't have time to wait for the re-stock. Does anyone know if there is anything similar to what I'm looking for anywhere?
http://www.fransboonestore.com/store/re-stock-and-pre-order/alden-8-parajumper-boots-pre-order-possible-from-now-1-11-2012
Any help would be much appreciated!

This is the closest thing I can think of to the Parajumper.  You can always have the eyelets swapped out for brass if you're really into that...

 

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-8/pvc-ald-mxsbd-4060_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

post #37840 of 91728
Thanks! Do you know if there is any difference between the 4060 at Shoemart and the Parajumpers other than the brass eyelets and speed hooks?
And has anyone seen the 4060's in a C last anywhere?
post #37841 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Some dude reported that he called J Crew and asked about these orders. They said that the orders would be fulfilled.
(Although the first rule of the hot deal is to never call customer service.)
Also, based on past experience with these J Crew coupons, they didn't cancel orders once they were accepted.
I guess this case is a little different since there is such a long time before they're expected to ship.

J Crew has allowed 25% off from time to time.
I think they just don't like people to run wild on it maybe.
post #37842 of 91728
JCrew always seems to stand by their ordering mistakes. I'd guess its bc they're a large company and eating the (perhaps) $100 on a pair of Aldens is worth satisfying a customer who's got the money to purchase their most expensive items.
post #37843 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fad P View Post

Thanks! Do you know if there is any difference between the 4060 at Shoemart and the Parajumpers other than the brass eyelets and speed hooks?
And has anyone seen the 4060's in a C last anywhere?

To my knowledge, the only differences are:

 

1. Parajumper has brass eyelets

2. Parajumper has speed hooks, rather than all eyelets

 

You probably won't find a C last in this shoe, but you can try calling The Shoe Mart and asking if there's a way to order a pair.

post #37844 of 91728
Ok, thanks a lot for your help!
post #37845 of 91728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

here are the shell ptb's from sid mash burn...
IMG_4145.jpg

Is that a single sole or double? Looks like a single.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***