or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2519

post #37771 of 87835
PSA

Alden SF restocked cigar LWB (all size in D and E), ravello ptb (nearly all size in D and E) and cigar indy (some size).
You guys may wish to check it out. biggrin.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37772 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

What's wrong with using a cream-based treatment like saphir?

 

Absolutely nothing! Just not what I have on hand for my use.

post #37773 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

PSA
Alden SF restocked cigar LWB (all size in D and E), ravello ptb (nearly all size in D and E) and cigar indy (some size).
You guys may wish to check it out. biggrin.gif

Arghhhhhhh ffffuuuu.gif

 

Payday couldn't come any sooner. They also have a straight tip in cigar!

post #37774 of 87835
Hey guys, new to Aldens. Been researching a bunch. Is cigar a super rare color? Or #4? I'd like to know what colors are rare so I can scoop up the right shoe when it comes in stock somewhere. Thanks.
post #37775 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

Hey guys, new to Aldens. Been researching a bunch. Is cigar a super rare color? Or #4? I'd like to know what colors are rare so I can scoop up the right shoe when it comes in stock somewhere. Thanks.

Comparatively speaking, cigar is rare, #4 is super rare.
In general, the lighter the colour, the rarer they are.
post #37776 of 87835
Thanks. 20% off at Brooks Brothers. Not sure if the Aldens there are excluded.
post #37777 of 87835

Alden for Thanksgiving. 

 

 

 

Kudu Indy at the airport.

 

Have a good holiday, gents.  (and good tidings to all the non US members)

post #37778 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

Thanks. 20% off at Brooks Brothers. Not sure if the Aldens there are excluded.

Can somebody chime in which models on BB sites is made by alden? Thanks
post #37779 of 87835

I'm looking to buy a pair of Whiskey longwings on the barrie last from theshoemart, however they don't have half sizes for the larger selection. I  normally wear a US 13 D, for the barrie last should I downsize to a 12 or grab a 13? 

post #37780 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsan View Post

Arghhhhhhh ffffuuuu.gif

 

Payday couldn't come any sooner. They also have a straight tip in cigar!

Straight tip what?  Boot, blucher, balmoral?

post #37781 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

Hey guys, new to Aldens. Been researching a bunch. Is cigar a super rare color? Or #4? I'd like to know what colors are rare so I can scoop up the right shoe when it comes in stock somewhere. Thanks.

Uhm, why are you concerned about rare colors if you don't own any Aldens?
You don't start a basecall card collection by looking for honus wagner.
Cordovan #8 is probably the most versatile, but it depends on what styles you're into, how you wear em, etc.
post #37782 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

I'm looking to buy a pair of Whiskey longwings on the barrie last from theshoemart, however they don't have half sizes for the larger selection. I  normally wear a US 13 D, for the barrie last should I downsize to a 12 or grab a 13? 

youre kinda in no mans land. if you went tts, they would be wearable but you'd need a insole. 12 would be too tight
post #37783 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

I'm looking to buy a pair of Whiskey longwings on the barrie last from theshoemart, however they don't have half sizes for the larger selection. I  normally wear a US 13 D, for the barrie last should I downsize to a 12 or grab a 13? 

^^Namor's response is good, but would also throw in the caveat about foot volume. If you have a foot that is on the narrower side the shoes will feel really large. On the Barrie, most of the sizing down is required because of volume - the toe box is very big. Agree totally on the sizing down a full size - likely the worse of the two options.
post #37784 of 87835
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Alden for Thanksgiving. 




Kudu Indy at the airport.

Have a good holiday, gents.  (and good tidings to all the non US members)

those look great. the contrast laces make all the diff.
post #37785 of 87835
4AB8A437.jpg

Cigar at LAS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***