or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2511

post #37651 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How come J Crew doesn't sell their indie boots in 1/2 sizes?

 

looks like they do, for those they have in stock.  That's what the little "h" is.  

post #37652 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How come J Crew doesn't sell their indie boots in 1/2 sizes?

yeah...confused me at first too, the "h" is 1/2 size

post #37653 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

How do people usually size in the Leydon unlined relative to their Van, TB, or Barrie size? I'd like to get a pair of unlined chukkas. I am a TTS 11D, the TB fits me in 10.5D, the Barrie I take a 10.5E (fits in the forefoot but heel is loose), and the van I take an 11D (both lined andunlined). I've heard the Leydon runs narrow, so should I go 11E in an unlined Leydon chukka?

One of Alden's strangest lasts - at least for my foot.
post #37654 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

How do people usually size in the Leydon unlined relative to their Van, TB, or Barrie size? I'd like to get a pair of unlined chukkas. I am a TTS 11D, the TB fits me in 10.5D, the Barrie I take a 10.5E (fits in the forefoot but heel is loose), and the van I take an 11D (both lined andunlined). I've heard the Leydon runs narrow, so should I go 11E in an unlined Leydon chukka?

A while back I bought and return some of the unlined suede chukkas in 11D. They were definitely tight on me (10.5E/11D Barrie, 11D Van lined and Grant, 11E/11.5D Aberdeen/Hampton). They might have stretched out considering the material, but I'm not sure that would be a good look for that particular shoe. I'd take a shot at 11E assuming an agreeable return policy.
post #37655 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

How do people usually size in the Leydon unlined relative to their Van, TB, or Barrie size? I'd like to get a pair of unlined chukkas. I am a TTS 11D, the TB fits me in 10.5D, the Barrie I take a 10.5E (fits in the forefoot but heel is loose), and the van I take an 11D (both lined andunlined). I've heard the Leydon runs narrow, so should I go 11E in an unlined Leydon chukka?

That is what Steven at Leffot recomended.
post #37656 of 94439

In honor of the maiden voyage of my cigar plain toe, my apartment has given me the gift of shitty lighting.

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

My carpet is white.

post #37657 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

How do people usually size in the Leydon unlined relative to their Van, TB, or Barrie size? I'd like to get a pair of unlined chukkas. I am a TTS 11D, the TB fits me in 10.5D, the Barrie I take a 10.5E (fits in the forefoot but heel is loose), and the van I take an 11D (both lined andunlined). I've heard the Leydon runs narrow, so should I go 11E in an unlined Leydon chukka?

I am 12D TTS, 11E TB, 11.5 Barrie, 12D Van and took at 12D in the Leydon unlined chukka very comfortably. Probably all the reason to do your best to try them on first. I realize not everyone has the luxury of an Alden store to try everything on first to get your ideal size on all lasts, but getting the proper fit is so important it might be worth ordering a few from ShoeMart and eating the shipping to send back what doesn't work. Although I have no clue if TSM has the unlined chukka.
post #37658 of 94439
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

In honor of the maiden voyage of my cigar plain toe, my apartment has given me the gift of shitty lighting.







My carpet is white.

poor white-balance aside, those are incredible!

Frans Boone?
post #37659 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
poor white-balance aside, those are incredible!
Frans Boone?

Thanks brother. Yes, Frans Boone.
post #37660 of 94439
Looks like Shoemart received a new batch of whiskey LWBs - I see quite a few sizes available...
post #37661 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Thanks brother. Yes, Frans Boone.

haha dang i thought they were unionmade beales. either way, nice pickup!!!
post #37662 of 94439
Those Cigar PTBs look great.
Interesting to see the CIgar PTB w/ crepe sole without the dover pattern.
post #37663 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Thanks brother. Yes, Frans Boone.

Frans Boone service is ridiculously good and I haven't even bought anything yet. How much customs?
post #37664 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

haha dang i thought they were unionmade beales. either way, nice pickup!!!

Thanks man. Love the beales as well.
post #37665 of 94439
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

Those Cigar PTBs look great.
Interesting to see the CIgar PTB w/ crepe sole without the dover pattern.

Thanks brother.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***