or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2503

post #37531 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBS View Post

who told you $695? They have a Alden Wing tip boot out of #8 that they are selling for $695. I paid $545 for these. not sure where you got that price from

I called, told them exactly what I was looking for, and that's the price I was given. What's a girl to do beyond that? $545 is still high, but it makes more sense than cordo pricing.
post #37532 of 96952

well the shoemart has Nat CXL for $513, Jcrew has waxed for $515, So for a special edition spectator make up at $545 is in the same range as the standard make ups other stores are offering right now, IMO.

 

 

PS- not sure who you talked to but they def gave you the wrong price.
 

post #37533 of 96952

Hi.  I have only just discovered the "Roy Boot" carried by Context. 

 

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524

 

I love the look of the uppers, but am a little unsure about the "Plantation Crepe" sole. I am familiar with crepe, but this looks a little different. And in some pictures of the boots after worn in the side of the sole looks pretty rough.  Can anyone comment on how this sole wears, and how it looks in person after a year or so?

 

Thanks.

 

Alden Alden + Context Roy Boot Pre-Order VIII
 

post #37534 of 96952
PSA: AoC has a few Ravello LWBs (double leather sole) in popular sizes.

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Ravello_283.htm
post #37535 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Hi.  I have only just discovered the "Roy Boot" carried by Context. 

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524

I love the look of the uppers, but am a little unsure about the "Plantation Crepe" sole. I am familiar with crepe, but this looks a little different. And in some pictures of the boots after worn in the side of the sole looks pretty rough.  Can anyone comment on how this sole wears, and how it looks in person after a year or so?

Thanks.

1152.jpg

 

Crepe = Plantation Crepe
post #37536 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Hi.  I have only just discovered the "Roy Boot" carried by Context. 

 

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524

 

I love the look of the uppers, but am a little unsure about the "Plantation Crepe" sole. I am familiar with crepe, but this looks a little different. And in some pictures of the boots after worn in the side of the sole looks pretty rough.  Can anyone comment on how this sole wears, and how it looks in person after a year or so?

 

Thanks.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Alden Alden + Context Roy Boot Pre-Order VIII

 

Someone just posted pics about 2 weeks ago.  Use the "search this theread" button at the top and bottom of the page

post #37537 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

all in good fun, chap! <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

This used to be a collegial thread. 

Collegial does seem to be the watchword around here, and it would be nice to keep it that way. My thought is that Speekez would have done well to use one of the clever emoticons I'm looking at screen left as I type this to show that his comment was "all in good fun." One simple smiley face can go a long way toward maintaining the sweetness and light and a focus on Alden's pricing... biggrin.gif
post #37538 of 96952
On my left foot, no matter what shoe I wear, the tongue consistently drops down towards the outside of my foot. This condition was again brought to my attention today while wearing my JGilbert #8 Captoe boots as the tongue settles nicely under my ankle joint.

Major #firstworldproblems this morning. frown.gif

(Any ideas why this happens in general?)
post #37539 of 96952
It's way to early in the morning to ask "why'
all my boot tongues moved this way - at least all of them get rid off such FWP with the help of my decent cobbler with one or two tiny stitches nod[1].gif
time for 2nd cup of coffee

cheerio
Joachim
post #37540 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Hi.  I have only just discovered the "Roy Boot" carried by Context. 

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524

I love the look of the uppers, but am a little unsure about the "Plantation Crepe" sole. I am familiar with crepe, but this looks a little different. And in some pictures of the boots after worn in the side of the sole looks pretty rough.  Can anyone comment on how this sole wears, and how it looks in person after a year or so?

Thanks.

1152.jpg

 

I posted a picture of my worn one a few days back. The sole wears like clarks DB if that helps at all.
post #37541 of 96952
Hello Gents,

Before I wear my new Alden natural CXL boots, should I condition them with some Saphir Reno?

cheers
post #37542 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


I posted a picture of my worn one a few days back. The sole wears like clarks DB if that helps at all.

 

I am interested in this as well, but I can's seem to locate the post you are referring to.  What page is it on?  Or what day/time was it posted?

post #37543 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I am interested in this as well, but I can's seem to locate the post you are referring to.  What page is it on?  Or what day/time was it posted?

here they are after a fresh polish and some saphir, the crepe sole def makes them a casual boot.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5E91A62F-7C02-4435-A4B7-B05AE5DB7C77-7059-00000D431EFE1456.jpg
post #37544 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


here they are after a fresh polish and some saphir, the crepe sole def makes them a casual boot. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5E91A62F-7C02-4435-A4B7-B05AE5DB7C77-7059-00000D431EFE1456.jpg

 

Ahh, I did see that post, my mistake.  Great looking boots!

post #37545 of 96952
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

On my left foot, no matter what shoe I wear, the tongue consistently drops down towards the outside of my foot. This condition was again brought to my attention today while wearing my JGilbert #8 Captoe boots as the tongue settles nicely under my ankle joint.
Major #firstworldproblems this morning. frown.gif
(Any ideas why this happens in general?)

Yeah, this happens on my left foot on my Indys and right foot on Day Trippers (though not as bad). It doesn't bother me as much as it used to.




J.Gilbert in plaza...needs some TLC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***