or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2499

post #37471 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Day Trippers?
Anyone know where I can buy them in 9D?

 

dont think leffot had that size left over from their recent arrival, cant hurt to call/email them

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37472 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

Yeah, I'm an 8.5D in the Barrie and ordered a 9D in the Day Tripper, but I'm sure they'll fit fine. I've always found that with boots a little room is not the end of the world the same way it is with shoes.

I sized down and I'm concerned I should not have done so. Original listing for the day tripper suggested go with the Barrie sizing. Now it seems the latest advice is TTS. I'd rather have gone TTS, because the size difference is nominal going up, but too tight is insupportable. The unfortunate thing is I likely could have changed my order. I was due to receive my trippers with the last order that came through during Christmas 2011. I was traveling, and Steven couldn't reach me so my reserved pair was released to some lucky soul. It will be a real shame if I finally get my pair only to discover the fit is too tight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this order will work out. I don't want to have to try a third time.
post #37473 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Not to worry friend. I have never considered the Grant anything but TTS, at least for my foot. I first sized 1/2 down as per the suggestion of some, and the fit was miserably tight. Some size down, but there are many that don't.


Whew... Thanks I definitely remember several users saying this same thing. I've been waiting for the daytrippers/ravello so damn long even if they are a bit big it might be worth wearing hiking socks with them everytime lol.

post #37474 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post


I sized down and I'm concerned I should not have done so. Original listing for the day tripper suggested go with the Barrie sizing. Now it seems the latest advice is TTS. I'd rather have gone TTS, because the size difference is nominal going up, but too tight is insupportable. The unfortunate thing is I likely could have changed my order. I was due to receive my trippers with the last order that came through during Christmas 2011. I was traveling, and Steven couldn't reach me so my reserved pair was released to some lucky soul. It will be a real shame if I finally get my pair only to discover the fit is too tight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this order will work out. I don't want to have to try a third time.

 



Good lord man, I thought I had been waiting a long time. Best of luck, truly.

post #37475 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I had a dream (nightmare?) last night where I was caught in the rain wearing a pair of non-Alden Defendered Alden shells on their maiden voyage, and severe welting immediately ensued.

Hogwash, I've worn cordovan for years, rain, snow, sleet, doesn't matter, it's a membrane, unless you cut it, it just goes forever... this is why it's $$$  Learn how to take care of your horse's ass...

post #37476 of 87382
post #37477 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Consensus on the plain toe blucher? Thinking about getting a pair if they pop up on irrgulars
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9901_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

If you want it just get it, highly unlikely you get one in your size / color. You are picking up footwear to last you decades, a few extra dollars invested now is trivial over the long term. You might be able to find a pair of B&S / eBay as well that will probably be a bit cheaper
post #37478 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Consensus on the plain toe blucher? Thinking about getting a pair if they pop up on irrgulars
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9901_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.
post #37479 of 87382

PSA: looks like TSM did a restock of natty CXL Indy boots

post #37480 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post


Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.


as an aside, i have been watching the corporate sales closely and you have to be very lucky to get any cordovan from bb at 30% off during them...bb takes shell off of their website when the sales hit, and the one time i had some shell saved in my cart, my cart magically emptied after the sale began.

post #37481 of 87382
post #37482 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post


as an aside, i have been watching the corporate sales closely and you have to be very lucky to get any cordovan from bb at 30% off during them...bb takes shell off of their website when the sales hit, and the one time i had some shell saved in my cart, my cart magically emptied after the sale began.

I have been told by BB that sales/promotions do not apply to Alden shell, and every description I have read (the fine print) excludes "cordovan shoes" which is also to include things like the Peal & Co. (C&J) boots at $998. Every now and then a guy can get lucky, if, for example, they are left on the website during a sale. I got lucky with the C&J boots (25% off) during the last sale but ultimately returned them anyhow for fit issues. They were removed from the site shortly after I ordered.
post #37483 of 87382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post

Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.

Good recommendation.

My two favorite Alden PTBs are my color 8 Alden for BB's and my ravello's.
post #37484 of 87382


Grant last cap toes
post #37485 of 87382

Gorgeous shoes... recently polished?  They look amazing.

 

 

Off topic since this is the "Alden" thread, however the listing below is close enough.  Figured those in this thread would possibly be interested.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/323030/allen-edmonds-truffle-shell-cordovan-mcallister-10-5e

 

AE McAllister balmoral wingtip, full brogue, Truffle shell cordovan, brand new.  Thanks for looking!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***