or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2497

post #37441 of 91625
Consensus on the plain toe blucher? Thinking about getting a pair if they pop up on irrgulars

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9901_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37442 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Consensus on the plain toe blucher? Thinking about getting a pair if they pop up on irrgulars
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9901_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

If you want it just get it, highly unlikely you get one in your size / color. You are picking up footwear to last you decades, a few extra dollars invested now is trivial over the long term. You might be able to find a pair of B&S / eBay as well that will probably be a bit cheaper
post #37443 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Consensus on the plain toe blucher? Thinking about getting a pair if they pop up on irrgulars
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9901_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.
post #37444 of 91625

PSA: looks like TSM did a restock of natty CXL Indy boots

post #37445 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post


Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.


as an aside, i have been watching the corporate sales closely and you have to be very lucky to get any cordovan from bb at 30% off during them...bb takes shell off of their website when the sales hit, and the one time i had some shell saved in my cart, my cart magically emptied after the sale began.

post #37446 of 91625
post #37447 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post


as an aside, i have been watching the corporate sales closely and you have to be very lucky to get any cordovan from bb at 30% off during them...bb takes shell off of their website when the sales hit, and the one time i had some shell saved in my cart, my cart magically emptied after the sale began.

I have been told by BB that sales/promotions do not apply to Alden shell, and every description I have read (the fine print) excludes "cordovan shoes" which is also to include things like the Peal & Co. (C&J) boots at $998. Every now and then a guy can get lucky, if, for example, they are left on the website during a sale. I got lucky with the C&J boots (25% off) during the last sale but ultimately returned them anyhow for fit issues. They were removed from the site shortly after I ordered.
post #37448 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post

Consider the Brooks PTB - made by Alden, slightly different last and metal eyelets, but you can get them for 15% off everyday and 30% off when Brooks has their corporate sales.

Good recommendation.

My two favorite Alden PTBs are my color 8 Alden for BB's and my ravello's.
post #37449 of 91625


Grant last cap toes
post #37450 of 91625

Gorgeous shoes... recently polished?  They look amazing.

 

 

Off topic since this is the "Alden" thread, however the listing below is close enough.  Figured those in this thread would possibly be interested.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/323030/allen-edmonds-truffle-shell-cordovan-mcallister-10-5e

 

AE McAllister balmoral wingtip, full brogue, Truffle shell cordovan, brand new.  Thanks for looking!

post #37451 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

So, if I wear an 11 in most tennis shoes (Nike, etc.) and Red Wings size 11 run a little big on me, should I try my luck with size 10 in Alden? Of course, with J. Crew I can return, but I'd like to get it right the first time. Thanks.

Really? 1.5 sizes down?
post #37452 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post

Really? 1.5 sizes down?

I wear 12 in Nike but 10/10.5 in Alden. Sneaker sizing is different to dress shoes.
post #37453 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post


Really? 1.5 sizes down?

 

Between 1 and 1.5 sizes, respectively.  I am a right between a 9.5 and 10D on the 5 last, and I was advised to go 8.5D to 9D for the Barrie.  Retarded if you ask me, now I have to go somewhere first to try them on before I take the risk of getting a boot that is way off.

post #37454 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

Between 1 and 1.5 sizes, respectively.  I am a right between a 9.5 and 10D on the 5 last, and I was advised to go 8.5D to 9D for the Barrie.  Retarded if you ask me, now I have to go somewhere first to try them on before I take the risk of getting a boot that is way off.

I wear 9D in AE's 5 last and Alden's Barrie last.
post #37455 of 91625
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I wear 9D in AE's 5 last and Alden's Barrie last.

 

Interesting... i've been told by many that have had experience with both lasts that the Barrie is at least a size off from the 5.  Regardless, I'll get fitted first before hitting up the shoemart.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***