or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2496

post #37426 of 96875

Great shoes. Where did the trousers come from?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

#8 w herringbone. Fall is nice.
photo-55.jpg

 

 

post #37427 of 96875


my daytrippers need the mac method.
post #37428 of 96875

They look great! A Bit lighter than mine or maybe it's the flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post


my daytrippers need the mac method.
post #37429 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

They look great! A Bit lighter than mine or maybe it's the flash

No flash used but Galaxy Nexus's camera is sub par at best. I would like a cigar cap toe with flex welt for the sleekness. Already have cigar cap toe with commando:slayer:
post #37430 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

 

You are in for a treat.  Got my day trippers on Friday.  And wow—they are just as good looking as the original pics posted on Leffot. I haven't worn ravello before, but they seem to be right on.

 

I’ll offer up some testimony I wish I had been able to find from others while they were on order... In sum, ½ size down on the grant fits very well...for me

 

The details:

My 9C shell LWBs are roomier than my 9D reverse chamois LWBs, so I believe the axiom that cordovan fits looser than other materials on the same last.  My Leydon lasted 9.5D suede chukkas felt snugger than both of those when new, but they are now perfectly comfortable and not sloppy.  The good gents at Leffot assured me that I should order the Grant-lasted DTs in the same size as my shell LWBs.  I did, and after reading more claims that Grant was TTS, so began 13 months of fretting that they would be too tight.  There are differing opinions on the Grant, and I suppose for good reason: If the sizing chart is to be used as a guide (I forget who gets credit for that), the Grant straddles the line between TTS and size down.  Some say shell stretches, some say it doesn’t; some say it merely molds.  I was afraid that some stretching would be needed.  These are comfy out of the box, and if these babies only loosen by breaking in the footbed, they’ll be perfect.  Perfect, as in mine

 



Well crap. Mine arrive on Wednesday and I was told to order true to size by Leffot and SF. I wear an 8.5d on barrie and trubalance, and I ordered a 9 on the daytripper. I have a pretty narrow foot and it looked like a narrow last. Now I am extremely concerned. Shitty shit shit shit.

post #37431 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick123 View Post




Well crap. Mine arrive on Wednesday and I was told to order true to size by Leffot and SF. I wear an 8.5d on barrie and trubalance, and I ordered a 9 on the daytripper. I have a pretty narrow foot and it looked like a narrow last. Now I am extremely concerned. Shitty shit shit shit.

Yeah, I'm an 8.5D in the Barrie and ordered a 9D in the Day Tripper, but I'm sure they'll fit fine. I've always found that with boots a little room is not the end of the world the same way it is with shoes.
post #37432 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick123 View Post




Well crap. Mine arrive on Wednesday and I was told to order true to size by Leffot and SF. I wear an 8.5d on barrie and trubalance, and I ordered a 9 on the daytripper. I have a pretty narrow foot and it looked like a narrow last. Now I am extremely concerned. Shitty shit shit shit.

Not to worry friend. I have never considered the Grant anything but TTS, at least for my foot. I first sized 1/2 down as per the suggestion of some, and the fit was miserably tight. Some size down, but there are many that don't.
post #37433 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

Great shoes. Where did the trousers come from?

thanks! these are gant by michael bastian that I picked up at a sample sale a year or two ago...
post #37434 of 96875

I'm 11.5 in barrie, steven said go TTS for the day trippers so I went with a 12.

 

slipped them on today, sockless, and they fit perfect. I intend on wearing thin socks with these typically so I think TTS was the perfect advice

post #37435 of 96875
Day Trippers?

Anyone know where I can buy them in 9D?
post #37436 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Day Trippers?
Anyone know where I can buy them in 9D?

 

dont think leffot had that size left over from their recent arrival, cant hurt to call/email them

post #37437 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

Yeah, I'm an 8.5D in the Barrie and ordered a 9D in the Day Tripper, but I'm sure they'll fit fine. I've always found that with boots a little room is not the end of the world the same way it is with shoes.

I sized down and I'm concerned I should not have done so. Original listing for the day tripper suggested go with the Barrie sizing. Now it seems the latest advice is TTS. I'd rather have gone TTS, because the size difference is nominal going up, but too tight is insupportable. The unfortunate thing is I likely could have changed my order. I was due to receive my trippers with the last order that came through during Christmas 2011. I was traveling, and Steven couldn't reach me so my reserved pair was released to some lucky soul. It will be a real shame if I finally get my pair only to discover the fit is too tight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this order will work out. I don't want to have to try a third time.
post #37438 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Not to worry friend. I have never considered the Grant anything but TTS, at least for my foot. I first sized 1/2 down as per the suggestion of some, and the fit was miserably tight. Some size down, but there are many that don't.


Whew... Thanks I definitely remember several users saying this same thing. I've been waiting for the daytrippers/ravello so damn long even if they are a bit big it might be worth wearing hiking socks with them everytime lol.

post #37439 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post


I sized down and I'm concerned I should not have done so. Original listing for the day tripper suggested go with the Barrie sizing. Now it seems the latest advice is TTS. I'd rather have gone TTS, because the size difference is nominal going up, but too tight is insupportable. The unfortunate thing is I likely could have changed my order. I was due to receive my trippers with the last order that came through during Christmas 2011. I was traveling, and Steven couldn't reach me so my reserved pair was released to some lucky soul. It will be a real shame if I finally get my pair only to discover the fit is too tight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this order will work out. I don't want to have to try a third time.

 



Good lord man, I thought I had been waiting a long time. Best of luck, truly.

post #37440 of 96875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I had a dream (nightmare?) last night where I was caught in the rain wearing a pair of non-Alden Defendered Alden shells on their maiden voyage, and severe welting immediately ensued.

Hogwash, I've worn cordovan for years, rain, snow, sleet, doesn't matter, it's a membrane, unless you cut it, it just goes forever... this is why it's $$$  Learn how to take care of your horse's ass...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***