or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2491

post #37351 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwoblely View Post

Those Alden Alpine-gran wingtip boots are some of the best ive seen. Where did you acquire those?

Those were a LeatherSoul makeup when they did a "best design contest". Fun fact: SF's very own member AlanC designed them.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/

 

The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is a makeup from TSM:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_wing_tip_boot_brown/pvc-ald-mxs-44611h_ald_m_wing_tip_boot.html

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37352 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

^Those are great. In theory I'm on a list for a pair of these from Moulded, should they ever go into production:

Hope they end up looking as good as yours do. Wish Moulded's came on a commando sole.
Also, stevent, buy those darn Day Trippers. The 11 is very tempting to me and I do not need them... It's quite the rara avis for your collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

But, but, Stevent, don't you have these? Not really trying to sway you either way, but for what it's worth, they crush the DTs in my book!
Edit: actually you have the version with the sexy counter, don't you! Even better!

Crazy busy at work today, just got my first break of the day. I have ravello plain toes and didn't feel the NEED to get the day trippers. I figure if I truely wanted them I would have bought when I first called when the shipment arrived. Nice boot but it's similar to what I already have
post #37353 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwoblely View Post

Those Alden Alpine-gran wingtip boots are some of the best ive seen. Where did you acquire those?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquiti View Post

Those were a LeatherSoul makeup when they did a "best design contest". Fun fact: SF's very own member AlanC designed them.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/

 

The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is a makeup from TSM:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_wing_tip_boot_brown/pvc-ald-mxs-44611h_ald_m_wing_tip_boot.html

 

What ubiquiti said. I bought them off an SF deal right here, actually. My first Aldens, and I'm really encouraged to see that so many of the members think it's one of Alden's better works. They are really good for the winter weather NYC is facing right now. :)

post #37354 of 86759
I can't decide whether to grab a pair of Epaulet's #8 Brixtons, J Crew's #8 captoes, or a pair of #8 Grant last captoes.

I have the #4 wingtip boot from TSM (lucky me) and a pair of Epaulet's chromexcel Steinbeck wingtips, so I'm hesitating a little before getting another pair of wingtip boots.

I also like the dark edge trim on the J Crew and Grant last captoes.

But the Brixton is sweet.

Persuade me!
post #37355 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

I got my plain toe boot in modified last resoled at Willie's shoe repair/Don Ville in La Brea and I'm quite impressed with their work. I won't hesitate to bring the rest of my Aldens to be resoled (in the future) at this place. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have better lighting.

What did you go with? I've never seen a Modified Last shoe with a double sole, so I'm wondering....
post #37356 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I can't decide whether to grab a pair of Epaulet's #8 Brixtons, J Crew's #8 captoes, or a pair of #8 Grant last captoes.
I have the #4 wingtip boot from TSM (lucky me) and a pair of Epaulet's chromexcel Steinbeck wingtips, so I'm hesitating a little before getting another pair of wingtip boots.
I also like the dark edge trim on the J Crew and Grant last captoes.
But the Brixton is sweet.
Persuade me!

The #8 Grant last cap toe boots are one of Alden's finest makeups. You will not be disappointed.

post #37357 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

My understanding is that those are Ravello. No?

No, cigar.

DSC_0215.JPG
DSC_0199.JPG
post #37358 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Oh my bad. Sorry guys, it looked like cigar. Thanks for the correction.

You were correct the first time; look above.
post #37359 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Crazy busy at work today, just got my first break of the day. I have ravello plain toes and didn't feel the NEED to get the day trippers. I figure if I truely wanted them I would have bought when I first called when the shipment arrived. Nice boot but it's similar to what I already have

Just keep wearing the PT boots; the only difference, literally, is the cap toe.
post #37360 of 86759
@ ubiquiti Thanks, looks like I slept on those.
post #37361 of 86759
my bad...
post #37362 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Just keep wearing the PT boots; the only difference, literally, is the cap toe.

Yeah my thoughts exactly
post #37363 of 86759
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquiti View Post

The #8 Grant last cap toe boots are one of Alden's finest makeups. You will not be disappointed.

agreed. not a fan of the punch holes on the j crew.
post #37364 of 86759
PSA - Tres Bien WINTERDEAL code works on Aldens, pricing is about the same after VAT but might have some stock that isn't that popular in US stores
post #37365 of 86759
speaking of leathersoul, anyone else on the preorder that was done at the beginning of the year?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***