or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2476

post #37126 of 87516
Just copped a pair of lwb cord at Jcrew. I'm guessing they are Barrie. I'm 7.5d in Indy trubalance. Guessing I should be good on 7.5 for the shell? I heard she'll doesn't stretch at all

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #37127 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Just copped a pair of lwb cord at Jcrew. I'm guessing they are Barrie. I'm 7.5d in Indy trubalance. Guessing I should be good on 7.5 for the shell? I heard she'll doesn't stretch at all

I'd say yes to everything you asked satisfied.gif
post #37128 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

I'm looking to trade my used Alden whiskey plain toes, size 8.5 (Barrie) for Polo C&J plain toes, size 9, in similar condition. They're great shoes but any time I want the pop of whiskey I reach for my longwings, so these don't get much use. With only one plain toe shoe in my rotation, I think a darker shell would work better. There are some scuffs and dings that come with wear, and the worst ones are visible here on the right shoe.

Jebus, those are beautiful
post #37129 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

thanks for the replies on my question about the nst. while i was googling around on my own, i noticed these guys and decided to order.

ordered this morning, but I'm assuming it might take a bit for them to get out considering the circumstances in the northeast.

Please post pics when they arrive/have some wear on them. I've been considering the same pair myself.
post #37130 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Just copped a pair of lwb cord at Jcrew. I'm guessing they are Barrie. I'm 7.5d in Indy trubalance. Guessing I should be good on 7.5 for the shell? I heard she'll doesn't stretch at all

 

Generally speaking, shell doesn't stretch too much.  But she'll stretch quite a bit, depending how big you are.  rotflmao.gif

post #37131 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund K View Post

There is 25% off sale from J.Crew Alden Shoe.  The Shell is on sale too!

Alden is excluded from this sale.
post #37132 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by skefferz View Post

Alden is excluded from this sale.

It works on the shell lwb like others have said. Type it in.

Tax negates a ton of the savings though, and crepe sole is a deal breaker.
post #37133 of 87516
Hey Stevent, there is a #8 LWB 10.5 on eBay I was countered $500 for, you should get that. smile.gif
post #37134 of 87516
584fb207679c5eb8783b09a8ec1bd171.jpg
IMG_1854.jpg
30a0b8adac87f819f06a7c94b3c532f4.jpg

#8 Indy
post #37135 of 87516
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Generally speaking, shell doesn't stretch too much.  But she'll stretch quite a bit, depending how big you are.  rotflmao.gif


nod[1].gif
post #37136 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

I'm looking to trade my used Alden whiskey plain toes, size 8.5 (Barrie) for Polo C&J plain toes, size 9, in similar condition. They're great shoes but any time I want the pop of whiskey I reach for my longwings, so these don't get much use. With only one plain toe shoe in my rotation, I think a darker shell would work better. There are some scuffs and dings that come with wear, and the worst ones are visible here on the right shoe.

Agreed.

If you are going with just one PTB, definitely go darker.
post #37137 of 87516

cross-post from the C&J for RL thread:

 

Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post



Look what was waiting for me when the family and I returned from Vacation!  

 

 

1000

 

(RL Darlton wingtips, Alden x J.Crew chukkas).  Pretty happy with the fit 'N finish of both.  

 

More pics of the Aldens (since this is the Alden thread, see the RL thread for more shots of those):

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

post #37138 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post

Hey Stevent, there is a #8 LWB 10.5 on eBay I was countered $500 for, you should get that. smile.gif

Don't really like #8, had two different pairs of #8 LWBs that I sold via eBay
post #37139 of 87516
What last are the non-shell Brooks Brothers loafers made on?
post #37140 of 87516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

 

These look so good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***