Depends on the last. Most Alden boots are on the Trubalance/Barrie last and the common experience has been to size down 1/2. Some boots are on the Grant last which is supposed to be true to size.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2463
Styleforum Top Picks
Moi Aussi...I had strict weight limits for the next stop on the itinerary but had to bring the Indys- wore them on the plane...
Was so glad I had them in Paris - perfect combo of sturdy walking yet stylish looking...didn't feel like too much of a dolt of a touron...
Felt pretty "dope" as I flashed them to general public as I sat at a cafe (or 5) and tried to look sophisticated ( I am sure I failed at that as I didn't smoke)
I even proudly wore them into the Edward Green shop I passed
RAVELLO SWB in 9D (Barrie Last) from Leathersoul
I bought the SWB in May and have worn them a handful of times. Great shoe. I also have the Ravello captoe blucher on the Plaza Last with medallion toe. In all seriousness, I don't need both, and I have enough Barrie lasted shoes that I may be willing to part with the SWBs. If anyone is interested in the SWB (buy or swap; or combination), PM me. For a swap, I would be looking primarily for a model not on the Barrie and not on the Trubalance.
I felt like I was in the same boat when I purchased the ravello cap toe bluchers on the plaza, which is why I have listed my ravello ptb's.
You can get heel slippage from new loafers as you wait for the sole to become more flexible. Would think that on a second hand pair this should not happen. Sounds like they are too big. Not every last works for every foot.
Merely a suggestion. Never tried these, but plan on trying them on some non-alden boots that I am getting.
I do not know what kind they are...but I went into the Alden SF store with the same complaint/request and they gave me some round nylon ( i think) laces that are awesome on in my Indys- super tough...perhaps call them and see what they are using...
easy...they are not CXL...they are #8 and not that shiny considering
I did give them a dash of polish and significant elbow grease (Mac method) prior to departure...but after several days of travel and traipsing they were not that shiny if you saw them up close..
I'm so happy for you!
I wear a lot of denim being a college student and I was weary of #8s.
You may have sold me on them. Damn you! (says my wallet)
Thanks for a great picture
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › 9D RL Purple Label Alligator Loafers (Italy) 10 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Post your perceived soundtracks to SW&D posters 19 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...