or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2457

post #36841 of 99314

Looks like the cobbler over laid another piece of leather to re-enforce the area.  Is that about right?

post #36842 of 99314

The jcrew indy's are on a different last than the regular 403/405 indys , correct? Since my size 8 jcrew indy is a half size too big, if I were to get the regular indy's , should i go with a 7.5 or stay with a 8 ?

post #36843 of 99314
With all of these recent Alden collection pictures, how do you store all of your shoes? Care to share pictures? With some people having 7+ pairs of shoes, I would imagine shoe boxes are too clumsy?

Thanks
post #36844 of 99314
i wish i had all aldens but i store mine on stacked jos a bank woodlore racks...with the boots on top. yummy cedar!
post #36845 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

My LS x Alden conservation boots are all eyelets.  The wrap around the ankle doesn't work quite as well without the speed hooks to anchor the laces.  They occasionally slip off.


hmm thanks for the input.

this makes buying the 4065 slightly harder, im too used to wrapping laces around the ankle.

It will really be a dream come true if the blackbird milkman boots are once again in production. I did email blackbird if they are going to do another make up of it though, they said there wasnt any plans atm, and will contact me if they did.

Alden of DC, is that the brick and mortar shop?
post #36846 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by private eyes View Post

The jcrew indy's are on a different last than the regular 403/405 indys , correct? Since my size 8 jcrew indy is a half size too big, if I were to get the regular indy's , should i go with a 7.5 or stay with a 8 ?

No, they're both Trubalance last.
post #36847 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

For those that use Saphir cordovan cream - do you use Saphir Reno on the shoes before applying Sahpir Cordovan cream, or do you use seperately. My cigar longwings and RL marlows need work, I am going to go at them tomorrow

Hi Alcibiades,

either Saphir Cordovan Cream or Reno.

Thereby Saphir only offers 4 Colours of Cordovan Cream (01 Black/02 Neutral/05 Dark Brown/71Cordovan) and none of them matches for the RL Marlow/Dalton i do use Burgol Cordovan Cream which is avaiable in 6 different colours.

The light brown shown in the lower middle matches perfect.


cheerio
Joachim

PS
Have you seen Hangerprojets care instructions for Cordovan Shoes? They recommend
Quote:
1. Remove any dust or dirt from the shoe with Saphir's Saddle Soap.
ffffuuuu.gif
never ever
post #36848 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

Just pre-ordered the NST boots in Ravello from TSM... can't wait for April 2013...

Did TSM already have your size on order, and you just put a deposit down on an unclaimed pair? Because if this is a new pre-order, I doubt it will be ready by next April. I've been waiting almost 22 months for a Ravello boot with no end in sight right now.
post #36849 of 99314
I've never seen this style of Alden before. Too bad they're out of my size. Anyone know who else may stock something similar? thanks.

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Ralston_George_Boot_in_Tobacco_Reverse_Chamois_6633.html
post #36850 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Did TSM already have your size on order, and you just put a deposit down on an unclaimed pair? Because if this is a new pre-order, I doubt it will be ready by next April. I've been waiting almost 22 months for a Ravello boot with no end in sight right now.

I called them to reserve a pair - the phone rep mentioned they reordered the NST boot in April.
post #36851 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

Just pre-ordered the NST boots in Ravello from TSM... can't wait for April 2013...

Most are in stock already or is this not the Aberdeen last model?
post #36852 of 99314
Gentlemen,

 

Wish I found you guys sooner. Bought a pair of black Alden shell PTBs in my size, 8D, in a local shop that is no longer a dealer. When I realized within a day they were a little too big, I started poking around the Interwebs and found you guys and read about the Barrie last and how my size should be 7.5. Store doesn't have my size and won't take 'em back.

 

And after seeing Mac's pictures, I was blown away with the beauty and range of shell. 

 

So, where should I start? I have a pair of Alden waxed LWBs from J Crew and some nice light brown bluchers from AE, so thinking whiskey and Ravello should not be the place to start. I have a pair of relatively new black, pebble-grained Florsheim Imperial LWBs (cheaply made, not recommended) and burgundy Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger boots.

 

Thinking #8 LWBs (which seems the usual answer on this forum), #8 chukkas (love the shell rolls on chukkas) but figure they will show up as seconds soon on TSM because of J Crew volume, or #8 PTBs.

 

So much shell, so little $$$. 
 
post #36853 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by terradilavoro View Post

Hi Alcibiades,
either Saphir Cordovan Cream or Reno.
Thereby Saphir only offers 4 Colours of Cordovan Cream (01 Black/02 Neutral/05 Dark Brown/71Cordovan) and none of them matches for the RL Marlow/Dalton i do use Burgol Cordovan Cream which is avaiable in 6 different colours.
The light brown shown in the lower middle matches perfect.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cheerio
Joachim
PS
Have you seen Hangerprojets care instructions for Cordovan Shoes? They recommend
ffffuuuu.gif
never ever

Not sure I understand why light brown would be a good match for the dark brown RL cordovan.
post #36854 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Not sure I understand why light brown would be a good match for the dark brown RL cordovan.

In medium colored shoes, matching polish will generally darken the leather, so you use a shade lighter to keep the color the same.
post #36855 of 99314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCwaxedLWB View Post

Wish I found you guys sooner. Bought a pair of black Alden shell PTBs in my size, 8D, in a local shop that is no longer a dealer. When I realized within a day they were a little too big, I started poking around the Interwebs and found you guys and read about the Barrie last and how my size should be 7.5. Store doesn't have my size and won't take 'em back.
That's too bad, but hopefully you should be able to sell them here for a decent percentage of the purchase price. In the future, I'd recommend going through a retailer with a good return policy, such as TSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCwaxedLWB View Post

So, where should I start? I have a pair of Alden waxed LWBs from J Crew and some nice light brown bluchers from AE, so thinking whiskey and Ravello should not be the place to start. I have a pair of relatively new black, pebble-grained Florsheim Imperial LWBs (cheaply made, not recommended) and burgundy Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger boots.

Thinking #8 LWBs (which seems the usual answer on this forum), #8 chukkas (love the shell rolls on chukkas) but figure they will show up as seconds soon on TSM because of J Crew volume, or #8 PTBs.
It would be good to know how you intend to wear them, but I'd probably go with a PTB or chukka in #8 or cigar. You already have some brogues, but you might also consider the RL Marlow wingtips. With the current sale going on, they come to $505.75 + tax.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***