or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2443

post #36631 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororo View Post

Hey smile.gif

you are right, in theory because dark brown cxl chukkas are not available to buy until end of 2013 when LS gets their next delivery in. Or are they?
I think I'll try dark brown polish and settle with the result

This could go very badly, in many different ways. Maybe leave it for now and wear them as Natural CXL
The Natural CXL will soak up that color like crazy so if you're a little heavy-handed you cant simply 'wipe off' the darker color.

If anything, i'd feed it a bit of Venetian Shoe Cream or neatsfoot oil. This will darken it slightly and also feed the leather with moisture.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #36632 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


This could go very badly, in many different ways. Maybe leave it for now and wear them as Natural CXL
The Natural CXL will soak up that color like crazy so if you're a little heavy-handed you cant simply 'wipe off' the darker color

 

Maybe try using Obenaufs HDLP or Sno Seal?

post #36633 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

I prefer the Modified last (boots only - I think the shoes are not that attractive) given my prescribed orthotics and the unbeatable comfort. That and the only other Alden lasts I can pretty much wear with my orthotics are the Aberdeen, Grant, and Hampton.

thanks. I have pretty flat feet so I assume this last won't work well for me.
post #36634 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Welcome to Alden shell. Do your best with a brush. I've brushed like a mad man (on different pairs) and the water spots never truly go away.
As mac has said in the past "dont worry, enjoy you cigar LWB"

Some saphir renovateur or venetian shoe cream, in addition to vigorous brushing, can help with the spots, but don't overdo it

post #36635 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Maybe try using Obenaufs HDLP or Sno Seal?

I've never used those. Not sure how they'd work or what they are made of.

The two I mentioned were recommended by Nick Horween (as well as Saphir Reno)
post #36636 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Alden's brown chromexcel is very unique looking. You will get a darker brown shoe, but it won't look like the LS chukka. Natural CXL is a cool color in its own right, I would recommend wearing that for a year then getting a LS chukka later.

Yeah, I have the natural NST boot from Epaulet and they have darkened over the year I've had them. Montana Pitch Blend darkened them as well. I'd go that route and take it slowly. I think that brown is probably hard to recreate. Check out pictures of aged natural on-line, it develops great color on it's own. Or maybe try to test the polish on the tongue or something if you feel you want to try it.
post #36637 of 79630

Well, time for me to join this thread after many months of drooling from afar. Bought my first pair of Aldens from SF user Michigan_Planner (who was completely awesome, by the way). The Aldens are the Alpine-grain wingtip boots designed by AC (shown here: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/ ). I'll post a few shots later. 

 

Should note that despite early apprehensions about the Barrie last's fit, etc., these are extremely comfortable despite not being the sleekest out there. Perfect for fall/winter, which was exactly my intent. 

post #36638 of 79630
Black shell captoe bluchers today.

post #36639 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post

Well, time for me to join this thread after many months of drooling from afar. Bought my first pair of Aldens from SF user Michigan_Planner (who was completely awesome, by the way). The Aldens are the Alpine-grain wingtip boots designed by AC (shown here: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/ ). I'll post a few shots later. 

Should note that despite early apprehensions about the Barrie last's fit, etc., these are extremely comfortable despite not being the sleekest out there. Perfect for fall/winter, which was exactly my intent. 

Welcome. That's a great makeup - enjoy!
post #36640 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post


I was not a huge fan of the Indy, but the more pics I see like yours makes me think I need to add a pair to my collection in the future.

+1

 

I don't like the Indy in general, but those in Whiskey are really nice

post #36641 of 79630
Photo%20Oct%2023%2C%2010%2023%2017%20AM.jpg

First outing with my new #8 NST Boots from J. Gilbert smile.gif
post #36642 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Bit the bullet on the JCrew captoe boots yesterday. We all know what they look like but I'm still excited enough to post a picture biggrin.gif.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post


awesome.
i'm looking to purchase a pair soon myself. Just trying to find a way to get a discount of any sort.

 

Thanks for sharing your pic.  They look awesome.  Never can have too many pics of those as I have a pair on order and am hoping the Nov 14 expected dely date holds.  Enjoy wearing!

 

poena, I got a 10% discount from J.Crew on these boots by signing up for their emails.  I was surprised that Alden (3rd party products) were eligible with this discount.

post #36643 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororo View Post

Hey smile.gif

 

you are right, in theory because dark brown cxl chukkas are not available to buy until end of 2013 when LS gets their next delivery in. Or are they?

I think I'll try dark brown polish and settle with the result. 


You could try one of the natural/beeswax based conditioners like Montana Pitch Blend or Obenauf LP. Obenauf will certainly darken the leather but you'll have to experiment to determine to what degree.

post #36644 of 79630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post

Well, time for me to join this thread after many months of drooling from afar. Bought my first pair of Aldens from SF user Michigan_Planner (who was completely awesome, by the way). The Aldens are the Alpine-grain wingtip boots designed by AC (shown here: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/ ). I'll post a few shots later. 

Should note that despite early apprehensions about the Barrie last's fit, etc., these are extremely comfortable despite not being the sleekest out there. Perfect for fall/winter, which was exactly my intent. 

Thats one of the best boots to come out of the Alden factory. Congrats, it wont be your last pair. Be sure to post some pics on you feet in the wild.
post #36645 of 79630

Couple more after processing:

 

 

 

But I liked the first one the best:

 


Edited by patrick_b - 10/23/12 at 12:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***