or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2440

post #36586 of 91793

Tellason Ladbroke Grove 12.5 oz.

 

4 months, no washes.

 

Best denim I've ever owned, although I'm relatively new to the raw denim game.
 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #36587 of 91793

Could anyone give me a little advise on darkening natural CXL leather, please? I have a pair of Natural CXL Alden Chukkas on order, i.e. the exact light, reddish-brown hue shown in the first pic.

 

My question is - how do I make them look like the LSH Alden CXL Chukka?

I understand Natural CXL will darken over time, but I guess not enough to match the dark brown of the LSH version.

Is there a way to get the same finish as the Leathersoul CXL Chukkas have?

 

I've read about using Allen Edmonds Aqua Care Brown shoe cream, but I'm a bit wary of ruining them. Would that give me the desired colour / hue? Any other recommendations?

 

Thank you for your help!

 

 

post #36588 of 91793

Am I screwed!?!

 

 

post #36589 of 91793

You mean the water spots?  They will brush out.

post #36590 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororo View Post

Could anyone give me a little advise on darkening natural CXL leather, please? I have a pair of Natural CXL Alden Chukkas on order, i.e. the exact light, reddish-brown hue shown in the first pic.

My question is - how do I make them look like the LSH Alden CXL Chukka?
I understand Natural CXL will darken over time, but I guess not enough to match the dark brown of the LSH version.
Is there a way to get the same finish as the Leathersoul CXL Chukkas have?

I've read about using Allen Edmonds Aqua Care Brown shoe cream, but I'm a bit wary of ruining them. Would that give me the desired colour / hue? Any other recommendations?

Thank you for your help!



quickest way to make natty cxl look like dark brown cxl is buy returning your natty cxl and buying dark brown cxl

the non snarky answer is they will eventually darken with time and with dark brown polish I would think, but it seems like you really bought the wrong color for what you want
post #36591 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post


quickest way to make natty cxl look like dark brown cxl is buy returning your natty cxl and buying dark brown cxl
the non snarky answer is they will eventually darken with time and with dark brown polish I would think, but it seems like you really bought the wrong color for what you want

Hey smile.gif

 

you are right, in theory because dark brown cxl chukkas are not available to buy until end of 2013 when LS gets their next delivery in. Or are they?

I think I'll try dark brown polish and settle with the result. 

post #36592 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororo View Post

Hey smile.gif

you are right, in theory because dark brown cxl chukkas are not available to buy until end of 2013 when LS gets their next delivery in. Or are they?
I think I'll try dark brown polish and settle with the result. 

Alden's brown chromexcel is very unique looking. You will get a darker brown shoe, but it won't look like the LS chukka. Natural CXL is a cool color in its own right, I would recommend wearing that for a year then getting a LS chukka later.
post #36593 of 91793
Plaza vs Grant

Are they similar in sizing?

I've tried the Grant and it feels a tad long when TTS, but the width is just right. Sometimes I think I should go barrie length and 1 width wider. Never tried the Plaza, but I wanted to check if they were similar to the Grant.
post #36594 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Am I screwed!?!



Welcome to Alden shell. Do your best with a brush. I've brushed like a mad man (on different pairs) and the water spots never truly go away.

As mac has said in the past "dont worry, enjoy wearing your cigar LWB"
post #36595 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Bit the bullet on the JCrew captoe boots yesterday. We all know what they look like but I'm still excited enough to post a picture biggrin.gif .


awesome.
i'm looking to purchase a pair soon myself. Just trying to find a way to get a discount of any sort.
post #36596 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tororo View Post

Hey smile.gif

you are right, in theory because dark brown cxl chukkas are not available to buy until end of 2013 when LS gets their next delivery in. Or are they?
I think I'll try dark brown polish and settle with the result

This could go very badly, in many different ways. Maybe leave it for now and wear them as Natural CXL
The Natural CXL will soak up that color like crazy so if you're a little heavy-handed you cant simply 'wipe off' the darker color.

If anything, i'd feed it a bit of Venetian Shoe Cream or neatsfoot oil. This will darken it slightly and also feed the leather with moisture.
post #36597 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


This could go very badly, in many different ways. Maybe leave it for now and wear them as Natural CXL
The Natural CXL will soak up that color like crazy so if you're a little heavy-handed you cant simply 'wipe off' the darker color

 

Maybe try using Obenaufs HDLP or Sno Seal?

post #36598 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

I prefer the Modified last (boots only - I think the shoes are not that attractive) given my prescribed orthotics and the unbeatable comfort. That and the only other Alden lasts I can pretty much wear with my orthotics are the Aberdeen, Grant, and Hampton.

thanks. I have pretty flat feet so I assume this last won't work well for me.
post #36599 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Welcome to Alden shell. Do your best with a brush. I've brushed like a mad man (on different pairs) and the water spots never truly go away.
As mac has said in the past "dont worry, enjoy you cigar LWB"

Some saphir renovateur or venetian shoe cream, in addition to vigorous brushing, can help with the spots, but don't overdo it

post #36600 of 91793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Maybe try using Obenaufs HDLP or Sno Seal?

I've never used those. Not sure how they'd work or what they are made of.

The two I mentioned were recommended by Nick Horween (as well as Saphir Reno)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***