or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2410

post #36136 of 87477
Hampton, Grant and Tremont are difficult to size without trying on yourself. I need to size up in all three lasts from Barrie (which is like the Alden reference last); others do not

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #36137 of 87477
The chart is a good reference tool, particularly for a new Alden fan. And, even if it doesn't always hold true for me, kudos to REguy for constructing it. nod[1].gif
post #36138 of 87477
EDIT: Some pictures of shoes that ended up not being the right size:

#8 PTB


Black LWB

Edited by Papa Doble - 10/14/12 at 5:15pm
post #36139 of 87477
^ Will they accept returns with that crease on the PTB?
post #36140 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

^ Will they accept returns with that crease on the PTB?

Yeah black lwb looks like initial creasing is set as well...
post #36141 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

^ Will they accept returns with that crease on the PTB?

They were from a retailer that does not have a no crease policy.
post #36142 of 87477
Hate to duplicate my post from a couple days ago, but I wanted to use my better camera and natural light to show just how great these ravello cap toes came out. The quality of these shells are top notch with almost no color differentiation between the two shoes and no bad spots, brush marks or other issues that is often seen with shell. I love this shade of ravello and it has always been my favorite shell color. Kudos again to Kathy at Alden D.C. and the SF members who got this make-up done! And of course, thanks to Uncle Mac for being the inspiration for these.






Edited by johnnyrich7 - 10/14/12 at 6:02pm
post #36143 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

They were from a retailer that does not have a no crease policy.

Still bullshit - why would you crease shoes you know you're not gonna keep? Makes it a huge hassle for the next buyer to have to return and the store now has a pair of non-new shells.
post #36144 of 87477
So we'll be seeing those on the Shoemart 2nds list then? foo.gif
post #36145 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Still bullshit - why would you crease shoes you know you're not gonna keep? Makes it a huge hassle for the next buyer to have to return and the store now has a pair of non-new shells.

I wouldn't crease shoes I knew I wasn't going to keep. I ordered a couple shoes in different sizes, with the intention of keeping the one that fit best. They looked like they'd already been tried on when I got them, and I walked on carpet only enough to determine whether they were the right size.

I took these pictures for the enjoyment of thread followers.
post #36146 of 87477

Just listed some black PTB 9901s (size 9.5E) on eBay - excellent condition - starting bid is $0.99 if anyone's interested...

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271081304072

post #36147 of 87477

Cigar Cap Toe on Abbot Kinney.

post #36148 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post

Hate to duplicate my post from a couple days ago, but I wanted to use my better camera and natural light to show just how great these ravello cap toes came out. The quality of these shells are top notch with almost no color differentiation between the two shoes and no bad spots, brush marks or other issues that is often seen with shell. I love this shade of ravello and it has always been my favorite shell color. Kudos again to Kathy at Alden D.C. and the SF members who got this make-up done!



Worthy of a double post, looking great & wear them in health.
post #36149 of 87477
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

They were from a retailer that does not have a no crease policy.

Still bullshit - why would you crease shoes you know you're not gonna keep? Makes it a huge hassle for the next buyer to have to return and the store now has a pair of non-new shells.


That isn't really fair to Pappa.  Brand new shells crease so easily.  Just putting your foot into the shoe and standing up will put a slight crease in them.  I've tried some on at Alden DC and it's virtually impossible to avoid and their salespeople there know this.  Besides, the crease on that #8 PTB pictured earlier hardly qualifies as creased.  Adam from Alden of Carmel would not cry foul with that.

post #36150 of 87477
^ I love that shoe. Congrats. You will love them more with each wear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***