or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2396

post #35926 of 99195
Thought that the Alden Community might like to see some other variations of Shell.

Pictured Below:

Top Row: Alden Captoe Boot in #8, Alden Ravello WT Boot, Alden Indy in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Cordovan
Bottom Row: Carmina Monk in Navy Shell, Allen Edmonds Bradley in Burgandy Shell, Alden LWB in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dundee in Cappuccino Cordovan.

Not pictures is a pair of Alden LWB in #8 and a soon to come pair of Carmina in Ruby Shell.


shoes4n.jpg
post #35927 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Thought that the Alden Community might like to see some other variations of Shell.
Pictured Below:
Top Row: Alden Captoe Boot in #8, Alden Ravello WT Boot, Alden Indy in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Cordovan
Bottom Row: Carmina Monk in Navy Shell, Allen Edmonds Bradley in Burgandy Shell, Alden LWB in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dundee in Cappuccino Cordovan.
Not pictures is a pair of Alden LWB in #8 and a soon to come pair of Carmina in Ruby Shell.
shoes4n.jpg

Well done Pastor, well done.
post #35928 of 99195
To me it looks like the color closest to the Cigar Indy in the top row is the cappuccino shell in the bottom:; not the cigar LWB!
post #35929 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Thought that the Alden Community might like to see some other variations of Shell.
Pictured Below:
Top Row: Alden Captoe Boot in #8, Alden Ravello WT Boot, Alden Indy in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Cordovan
Bottom Row: Carmina Monk in Navy Shell, Allen Edmonds Bradley in Burgandy Shell, Alden LWB in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dundee in Cappuccino Cordovan.
Not pictures is a pair of Alden LWB in #8 and a soon to come pair of Carmina in Ruby Shell.
shoes4n.jpg

VERY GOOD.

post #35930 of 99195
yes, major variation in the Cigar colors between the Indy and the LWB.
post #35931 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Thought that the Alden Community might like to see some other variations of Shell.

Pictured Below:

Top Row: Alden Captoe Boot in #8, Alden Ravello WT Boot, Alden Indy in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Cordovan
Bottom Row: Carmina Monk in Navy Shell, Allen Edmonds Bradley in Burgandy Shell, Alden LWB in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dundee in Cappuccino Cordovan.

Not pictures is a pair of Alden LWB in #8 and a soon to come pair of Carmina in Ruby Shell.


shoes4n.jpg


Outstanding collection!  Is it me or is there not much of a difference in color between your cigar Indy and the Ravello wtip boot.  I have both the the ravello and cigar LWB.  If they both had the antique edge (my ravello has a dark brown edge), I'm not sure most could tell the difference without a close look.

post #35932 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

I'm not a big fan of straps and buckles on my shoes and boots those brown monk strap chukkas are pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

moar george boot

I'm not a huge George fan but if i were to rock a pair it would be the pair offered by Orvis. Pretty bad ass lookin. Filson cruiser, raw denim a shotgun, and these icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

3C47L1W_lg.jpg
post #35933 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post


They are pretty well broken in. It has decreased but is still bothersome in the right shoe, even with a tongue pad. Left is okay (left foot is slightly bigger). Sizing down a half size cured the heel slip but the narrow Aberdeen toe box pinched the crap out of my toes in the shorter length. Sizing down and going wider was too loose in both shoes. A shame as I really like that loafer style (full strap).
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I like the tassels but a little on the fence as they just seem a little dressier than the full strap.

Have you tried putting a pad on teh back of the heal instead of the tongue?

post #35934 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Outstanding collection!  Is it me or is there not much of a difference in color between your cigar Indy and the Ravello wtip boot.  I have both the the ravello and cigar LWB.  If they both had the antique edge (my ravello has a dark brown edge), I'm not sure most could tell the difference without a close look.

that's like, 90% of the shoes in this thread
post #35935 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

ALSO
what happened to that pair of day trippers in 11d for sale on ebay...what did they go for?

I was also watching that one out of curiosity (I am awaiting my Day Trippers from Leffot--WTF?)  Maybe mr wigglr knows something?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

....

 

I have cigar LWBs, just bought alden x leffot ravello cap toe boots, cxl indy, and chocolate suede shoes (AE)

 

...

post #35936 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

I was also watching that one out of curiosity (I am awaiting my Day Trippers from Leffot--WTF?)  Maybe mr wigglr knows something?:

 

I wish I did! I bought the 10.5D ones that were here on SF. But the bay listing just disappeared.

post #35937 of 99195
Someone probably ebay messaged the lister with a big bid.
post #35938 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Someone probably ebay messaged the lister with a big bid.

Not unlikely, considering that for a high ticket item like this, eBay's (I think) 9% can be a good chunk of money.
post #35939 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Not unlikely, considering that for a high ticket item like this, eBay's (I think) 9% can be a good chunk of money.

I'm pretty sure that ebay changed their policy recently that if you pull an auction listing with bids prematurely, you incur the Final Value Fee of the highest bid when it is pulled. Not surprised since this has been a common practice. Of course if you pull something at 350 that is worth 700, you still come out a little bit ahead.

"Starting October 1, sellers will be charged a fee to end an Auction-style listing early if it has received a bid.
The fee will equal the amount of the final value fee had the listing ended naturally and sold for the highest bid received when the seller ended the listing.
In rare situations, a seller may need to end a listing early, so the fee will be waived the first time a seller ends a listing early each calendar year"
post #35940 of 99195
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

I'm pretty sure that ebay changed their policy recently that if you pull an auction listing with bids prematurely, you incur the Final Value Fee of the highest bid when it is pulled. Not surprised since this has been a common practice. Of course if you pull something at 350 that is worth 700, you still come out a little bit ahead.
"Starting October 1, sellers will be charged a fee to end an Auction-style listing early if it has received a bid.
The fee will equal the amount of the final value fee had the listing ended naturally and sold for the highest bid received when the seller ended the listing.
In rare situations, a seller may need to end a listing early, so the fee will be waived the first time a seller ends a listing early each calendar year"

this is terrible to read...yet another reason i only tend to buy on ebay and am selling less on there...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***