or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2387

post #35791 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

I'm honestly curious if there's a story behind this since Alden is a company with a lot of quirks... is there a reason Alden seems to use boxes that are just a bit too small?

And freaking shoe bags that don't fit the shoes, really bugs me, kinda want to list them all on eBay

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #35792 of 89399

Blog is facepalm.gif
post #35793 of 89399
Blog sucks, but is now experiencing a flood of traffic (smart move).
post #35794 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Blog sucks, but is now experiencing a flood of traffic (smart move).

Yeah was wondering if the person who posted it is the blogger
post #35795 of 89399
coincidentally, I am taking my Alden's into the cobbler tomorrow.. Boat shoes were worn twice






post #35796 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

coincidentally, I am taking my Alden's into the cobbler tomorrow.. Boat shoes were worn twice


 

 

wow

post #35797 of 89399
sigh alden
post #35798 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Yeah was wondering if the person who posted it is the blogger

No, just thought we could fill him in on what's up.

Came to my attention as a  recommended article on google reader... time to clean up those subscriptions.

post #35799 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

coincidentally, I am taking my Alden's into the cobbler tomorrow.. Boat shoes were worn twice
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

namor didn't those boots rip before?

post #35800 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

I'm grabbing a pair of shoes 10.5D on Grant last. Do you think I should use AE M or L shoe trees?

for this shoe, I'd say:

L - if AE split toe trees
L - if AE full toe trees
L - if Alden trees

Of the trees above, you could entertain a medium if using AE full toe trees, but definitely go large in the others.

With AE trees, the full toe trees have much more girth than do the split toe trees.
post #35801 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

No, just thought we could fill him in on what's up.

Came to my attention as a  recommended article on google reader... time to clean up those subscriptions.

sho nuff


Edited by speekez - 10/9/12 at 12:21am
post #35802 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

sho nuff

Some how I doubt that blog entry was motivated by a real thirst for knowledge. Reads as an attempt to generate comment traffic.
post #35803 of 89399
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Some how I doubt that blog entry was motivated by a real thirst for knowledge. Reads as an attempt to generate comment traffic.

Agreed. Very trollish indeed.
post #35804 of 89399
Per JGilbert: The Alden color 8 NST boots on the Plaza (commando sole) shipped from Alden to JGilbert on October 4. JGilbert expects to receive them around October 11. And then, presumably, they will be shipped out to those of us that bought them.
post #35805 of 89399
Got an email from TSM this morning. They are cancelling my order of the # 4 boots which I placed way back in March. They say Alden is unable to fulfill the order due to the lack of # 4 Cordovan. Needless to say, a little disappointed. Anybody else got the cancellation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***