or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2383

post #35731 of 87512

My Cigar Indy was the gateway shoe to Aldens/shell addiction

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #35732 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

My Cigar Indy was the gateway shoe to Aldens/shell addiction

Cigar indy?!...quite the gateway shoe:slayer:
post #35733 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Ask and you shall receive
yzaguty6.jpg

Awesome stuff man! Double leather sole?
post #35734 of 87512

Anatomica has an order pending confirmation for a ravello PT boot.  You can ask them if they something in your size coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Cow View Post

Man... I'm going crazy looking for Ravello plain toe boots or cap toe boots. I don't even need them in the next year, I'm just looking for someone who would be put me on the pre-order list so I feel like there's some sort of progress being made. Leffot said that they won't take more pre-orders as they don't know when more Ravello shells are being made - does anyone know other pre-order etc going on?
I've apparently got a nasty completionist streak that these shoes just wake up in me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

If you find someone who's taking orders let us know. Or at least me lol8%5B1%5D.gif

post #35735 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Awesome stuff man! Double leather sole?

Yep
post #35736 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

speaking of ravello, this auction will be VERY interesting to watch.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Ravello-Shell-Cordovan-Cap-Toe-Boot-Flex-Welt-/261108382526?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3ccb45bb3e
quite a shame this is in my size....

Someone buy my 10.5D day trippers so I can buy these!

Three way trade if you will....help me out people!
post #35737 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks206 View Post


Someone buy my 10.5D day trippers so I can buy these!
Three way trade if you will....help me out people!

PM sent w/ question! (And interest) :)

post #35738 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Trying to decide between the J Crew #8 Cap Toe boot and the #8 Wingtip Boot (both with double leather sole).  Any thoughts? If it helps, I do have color LWB.

I have the wing boot and while it's obviously gorgeous, I sort of regret not going for cap toe instead now that I've shifted my style a bit. I suppose it depends on what you normally wear.
post #35739 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Trying to decide between the J Crew #8 Cap Toe boot and the #8 Wingtip Boot (both with double leather sole).  Any thoughts? If it helps, I do have color LWB. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


If you have a #8 LWB and don't have a #8 cap toe blucher, I'd go for the #8 cap toe boot. If you choose the wingtips, just make sure you'll get enough use out of them. For cap toe boots, I might also throw in this one from TSM:



and this one from J. Gilbert:

post #35740 of 87512

Just in from TSM, took a huge gamble on sizing since I didn't get to try them on in-person before purchase. Rather I went with word of mouth and got the same size as my barrie size.

 

As it turns out, these are the best fitting Aldens I have. Crease in the vamp is from trying on

post #35741 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Trying to decide between the J Crew #8 Cap Toe boot and the #8 Wingtip Boot (both with double leather sole).  Any thoughts? If it helps, I do have color LWB.


Personally, I would choose (and have chosen) the captoe. And a different post mentioned the captoe from TSM on the Grant (which I have) and the captoe from JGilbirt on the Plaza. Either of these captoe boots will have a slimmer presentation than the JCrew captoe on the Barrie; however, the JCrew boot is the only one of the 3 that has a perf tip (if that matters to you).
post #35742 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquiti View Post

Just in from TSM, took a huge gamble on sizing since I didn't get to try them on in-person before purchase. Rather I went with word of mouth and got the same size as my barrie size.

As it turns out, these are the best fitting Aldens I have. Crease in the vamp is from trying on

Nice man. I'd have to agree that the Shell LHS on the Van is one of my favorite Aldens icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #35743 of 87512
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Personally, I would choose (and have chosen) the captoe. And a different post mentioned the captoe from TSM on the Grant (which I have) and the captoe from JGilbirt on the Plaza. Either of these captoe boots will have a slimmer presentation than the JCrew captoe on the Barrie; however, the JCrew boot is the only one of the 3 that has a perf tip (if that matters to you).

Another option is Alden of DC's #8 captoe boot on the grant last with commando sole.
post #35744 of 87512

I PM'd Che from Alden of DC and he reserved a 10D of their thor cigar perf-captoe makeup that's scheduled for Spring 2013. If you're interested in getting in on it it's worth sending him a PM to see if your size is available. 

post #35745 of 87512
Che's a she, folks (and very helpful)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***