or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2379

post #35671 of 86706
I want to put in a plug for the incredibly thorough service I received yesterday at Alden DC.

Kathy spent quite a while with me figuring out my perfect sizes on a variety of lasts. Having purchased 3 pairs of Aldens, none of which ever fit "just right," I finally feel like I have my sizing figured out. I walked out with one pair in hand and another pair on special order. I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is to know that I've got the shoes that fit my feet well. For whatever reason, the Barrie last may not ever work perfectly on my feet, but I know that Plaza, Hampton, TruBalance do. And, I've found the most workable size in Barrie last. My widths and lengths vary a fair amount by last.

The downside of my trip? I now know my too-large Color 8 shells from BB aren't going to ever work for me.

If anyone is interested in Alden for BB Color 8 wingtips that were worn three times, with metal toe taps, PM me. Size 10D. They'll be posted for sale eventually. Bought them when I *thought* I knew my size a year ago, immediately invested in the sunken metal toe plates (installed at Sky Valet Shoes on Wisconsin Ave in DC), and then figured out they were just too big.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #35672 of 86706
^+1 for Alden DC service. What do you have on order with them?
post #35673 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

So I am looking for a nice boot for the season.  Need the following:  WaterLock Soles, Storm Welt, Double Leather Soles.  Not sure of the preference of speed hooks or not, mostly worn casual denim, chino.  I just don't see this make up anywhere.

You might give the Nettleton Shop a call. I believe they have a CXL chukka (maybe not enough boot for what you want...?) and one other shoe both on double waterloc.

http://www.nettletonshoeshop.com/contact.php
post #35674 of 86706

+1 I was going to recommend this boot for chipshot as well. Can't go wrong with this or any TSM shell wingtip boot... can always put a topy on a double leather sole also.

post #35675 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

^+1 for Alden DC service. What do you have on order with them?

Ordered a pair of captoe boots with commando soles in the Grant last, Color 8. They'll take a few months, but they look fantastic.
post #35676 of 86706

Sweet looking boot.  This in cordovan would hit the sweet spot.

post #35677 of 86706

That'd be similar to the j. crew in # 8

post #35678 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


You might give the Nettleton Shop a call. I believe they have a CXL chukka (maybe not enough boot for what you want...?) and one other shoe both on double waterloc.
http://www.nettletonshoeshop.com/contact.php

Thanks Frank.. appreciate the contact!  

post #35679 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

That'd be similar to the j. crew in # 8

close. the j. crew only has brogueing on the back of the toe... not anywhere else on the boot.
post #35680 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post


close. the j. crew only has brogueing on the back of the toe... not anywhere else on the boot.

 

that's true. the two remind me of each other though. 

post #35681 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Sweet looking boot.  This in cordovan would hit the sweet spot.

This is in Cigar shell is pretty much what the Thor boot with Alden DC will look like.
post #35682 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_JD View Post

Ordered a pair of captoe boots with commando soles in the Grant last, Color 8. They'll take a few months, but they look fantastic.

Those will be worth the wait.
post #35683 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

This is in Cigar shell is pretty much what the Thor boot with Alden DC will look like.
BG, i have a cigar indy in size 12B. you should kop
post #35684 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


This is in Cigar shell is pretty much what the Thor boot with Alden DC will look like.

 

That sounds great. How do I get in on that?

post #35685 of 86706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Sweet looking boot.  This in cordovan would hit the sweet spot.

there is a ravello version of this boot in the works with Epaulet...ETA unknown. only major difference is that there is a medallion on the toe and a pull tab.

could take another year or two for that to come to fruition sadly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***