or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2369

post #35521 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

$400, MY FIRST EXOTIC SHELL!!! So stoked to try the plaza last, i have 3 color 8's, all on the barrie, so monotonous. really lucked out this time, hopefully the damage isn't too horrendous.

You win.
post #35522 of 99196
I would love to grab that cigar but my feet are 12D and I dont want the same mess that happened the last time I bought a shoe too small from shoemart. shog[1].gif
post #35523 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


You're so going to jinx yourself.

what a hurtful comment.

post #35524 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

$400, MY FIRST EXOTIC SHELL!!! So stoked to try the plaza last, i have 3 color 8's, all on the barrie, so monotonous. really lucked out this time, hopefully the damage isn't too horrendous.

NICE MAN! Congrats! Even though they are seconds, they'll be awesome.

I would have been all over them if they were an E width

Be sure to post pics!!!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Did they say what the issue was with that specific pair?
post #35525 of 99196
nice pickup speekez....I got the same TSM Seconds emails as last time, I don't think there was anything new on any of the size 12 or 12.5 lists that I got, just the same crap that's been sitting there forever.
post #35526 of 99196
Saw those cigars in person and they looked very good. Tried them on, but the Plaza doesn't work for me. Enjoy!
post #35527 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekez View Post

what a hurtful comment.

It hurts cuz there is some truth to it. A bunch of us have been burnt before. For what it's worth, I think you will get your pair because it appears to be a recent addition. I'm a 11-5/12 and ive seen identical lists for months now.
post #35528 of 99196

Of course, one day after I buy color 8 LHS for full retail, there is a pair on the irregulars list.

post #35529 of 99196

^ Not necessarily. A #8 indy has been in 9D list for some time, but every time I asked they said it was not available.

post #35530 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquiti View Post

Of course, one day after I buy color 8 LHS for full retail, there is a pair on the irregulars list.

Note that a lot of the irregulars do have significant flaws. I've even heard of someone receiving a pair where the shape/size between the right and left shoes were different. 

 

So, you do take some risk in buying an irregular. 

post #35531 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Note that a lot of the irregulars do have significant flaws. I've even heard of someone receiving a pair where the shape/size between the right and left shoes were different. 

So, you do take some risk in buying an irregular. 

Yeah, but with TSM's rather liberal return policy, you're risking like ten bucks or something. well worth it, in my mind. I purchased one pair of seconds from them and I had to look several minutes to find it. There was one very slight wrinkle on the vamp that I would not have questioned in a first quality shoe.

I kind of feel like the 2nds list is like Volkswagen/Audi cars - everyone I know that drives one has had no major issues, but there tend to be a lot of people who say that Volkswagen/Audi cars are all lemons, will instantly catch on fire, and will kill your family.
post #35532 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


NICE MAN! Congrats! Even though they are seconds, they'll be awesome.
I would have been all over them if they were an E width
Be sure to post pics!!!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Did they say what the issue was with that specific pair?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

nice pickup speekez....I got the same TSM Seconds emails as last time, I don't think there was anything new on any of the size 12 or 12.5 lists that I got, just the same crap that's been sitting there forever.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

Saw those cigars in person and they looked very good. Tried them on, but the Plaza doesn't work for me. Enjoy!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


It hurts cuz there is some truth to it. A bunch of us have been burnt before. For what it's worth, I think you will get your pair because it appears to be a recent addition. I'm a 11-5/12 and ive seen identical lists for months now.

 

Thanks, guys. I picked up the J Crew barrie cap-toe boot #8 from the style mart seconds list a few months ago. Turned out nicely. (the inseam panel was slightly lighter than the rest) Hopefully with the cigars it'll only be a slight color variation or some edge dressing. CAN'T WAIT

post #35533 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


Yeah, but with TSM's rather liberal return policy, you're risking like ten bucks or something. well worth it, in my mind. I purchased one pair of seconds from them and I had to look several minutes to find it. There was one very slight wrinkle on the vamp that I would not have questioned in a first quality shoe.
I kind of feel like the 2nds list is like Volkswagen/Audi cars - everyone I know that drives one has had no major issues, but there tend to be a lot of people who say that Volkswagen/Audi cars are all lemons, will instantly catch on fire, and will kill your family.

 

Not exactly. The shipping to you is $10. Then if you need to make a return, the return shipping is $7.99 so you would be out $17.99.

post #35534 of 99196
If any Alden fans in the LA area want to grab a beer tomorrow night, we'll be at the Fat Dog on Fairfax around 7pm. cheers.gif
post #35535 of 99196
I grabbed the pair of Chromexcel tassel loafers in 10D on the Aberdeen. They're probably going to go back, so PM me if interested. I took a flyer because I thought the Chromexcel was sort of a wack-a-doo combo with that style and last. I think they might have looked better in natural, but we'll see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***