or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2342

post #35116 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

What can I do to have the ripples on my cigar indies be symmetric? I didn't really care for my first of Shell (#8 LWB) and they have ugly asymmetric wrinkles frown.gif.

Now that they are 'set' you wont be able to change the way they have formed. Even when brand new it's hard to get them exactly perfect. The mechanics of how you walk and how one foot differs from the other dictates how the ripples will form. I also feel that the direction of the grain plays a roll...

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #35117 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post
What can I do to have the ripples on my cigar indies be symmetric? I didn't really care for my first of Shell (#8 LWB) and they have ugly asymmetric wrinkles frown.gif.

 

See the FAQ post, under "What is the pen trick?", YMMV

post #35118 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

What can I do to have the ripples on my cigar indies be symmetric? I didn't really care for my first of Shell (#8 LWB) and they have ugly asymmetric wrinkles frown.gif.

The horse has the last laugh

post #35119 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

pics aren't working

 

Thanks ! I tried a different method

post #35120 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

The horse has the last laugh

this is great

post #35121 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

So those of you guys who have had experience buying seconds at TSM, how has it been going for you? Has it been worth it for you in general?

 

I bought #8 PTB's. A cursory glance revealed no obvious flaws. However, I later discovered a rather large patch on the inside of one where the finish is way-off. It's rather annoying, but certainly not visible from a normal perspective when wearing.

 

This recent discussion on creasing is what prompted me to post, though. For some reason, my PTB's have some rather unsightly thin creases - not the typical large shell rolls I'm accustomed to. I only have a slight suspicion it's because it's a "second", when more likely I'm denying the fact I'm responsible from my walking style or improper sizing.

post #35122 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

I bought #8 PTB's. A cursory glance revealed no obvious flaws. However, I later discovered a rather large patch on the inside of one where the finish is way-off. It's rather annoying, but certainly not visible from a normal perspective when wearing.

 

This recent discussion on creasing is what prompted me to post, though. For some reason, my PTB's have some rather unsightly thin creases - not the typical large shell rolls I'm accustomed to. I only have a slight suspicion it's because it's a "second", when more likely I'm denying the fact I'm responsible from my walking style or improper sizing.

Can you post a pic of the thin creasing?

post #35123 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Can you post a pic of the thin creasing?

 

Per my sig: http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/36/36ca59c2_8family.jpeg

 

Reminds me of calf creasing in some ways :(

post #35124 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

Per my sig: http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/36/36ca59c2_8family.jpeg

 

Reminds me of calf creasing in some ways :(

I've noticed this on some shoes - I think the shell thickness may vary? The thinner shell tends to look like this.

post #35125 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

Per my sig: http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/36/36ca59c2_8family.jpeg

 

Reminds me of calf creasing in some ways :(

That's what I thought it might look like.  Saw that recently in this pic and am dissuaded by it.  Do you think it could have something to do with the lining creasing inside the shoe?

 

post #35126 of 91602
In my experience, lined shoes crease thinner. My chukkas (fully lined) did that, whereas my unlined models didn't.
post #35127 of 91602
Wearing my Leather Soul CXL Chukkas today...love these things

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #35128 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide View Post

I ordered these from AoC back in Feburary, and they finally showed up last week. Ravello LWB with double leather soul. First pair of shell cordovan shoes, completely and totally worth the wait. Cell phone camera doesn't do them justice, and kinda adds a little red or pink to it thats not really there.
P3Gah.jpg

Congrats - these are beautiful and Adam is a true gent to deal with.
post #35129 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Per my sig: http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/36/36ca59c2_8family.jpeg

Reminds me of calf creasing in some ways frown.gif

Some shells will crease like that... My cigar PTBs have similar creasing,
post #35130 of 91602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds & Tops View Post

Wearing my Leather Soul CXL Chukkas today...love these things
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I had this and the chromexcel jumper boots. Wanted to sell one as they were a bit redundant, and I ended up selling the jumper boots because I love this chukka model so much. It's one of my favorite pairs. I'm even considering selling my cigar chukkas because I would rather wear this shoe more often than not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***