or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2336

post #35026 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

yes it is
i own it in color 8
they are more snug than my whiskey lined LHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

+1

BB 9.5D

Alden (2 pairs) 9C 

This is opposite to everything I've ever read on this forum confused.gif

How is it that they are on the same last but the tighter one is the unlined version?

Does not compute foo.gif
post #35027 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

This is opposite to everything I've ever read on this forum confused.gif
How is it that they are on the same last but the tighter one is the unlined version?
Does not compute foo.gif

I have three unlined models:

color 8 LHS from BB (9C), Van
snuff suede ptb from Unionmade (9D), Barrie
color 8 ptb from LS (9D), Barrie

Everyone of them is snugger than its lined counterpart. Go figure ....
post #35028 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

I just purchased an unlined BB LHS in 11D that fits well (I would like perhaps a smidge more width, but they still fit well).
If I also want a lined Alden version, would you guys suggest an 11E? I feel like there is more room for my foot to expand through the day in the unlined version and concerned that the lined version in a D-width would not allow for this (my feet tend to expand a lot in the width).

I'd get the same size - 11D.

If you go to an E, you will also go to a C heel width and you will most likely have heel slippage.
post #35029 of 95007
i posted this in the modified thread, but thought I'd ask here too - just picked up this modified boot from the seconds list:


it was marked down to $299, usually $550 - is this calf? I think that usually all shell is a minimum $399 on the seconds list
post #35030 of 95007
Very nice. Do they show you why they have marked it as a second?
post #35031 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10casual View Post

Very nice. Do they show you why they have marked it as a second?

They never show nor will they tell you on the phone. They just say you have to find out when you receive them and if you want you can return them (and pay shipping back, etc.)

post #35032 of 95007
ah damn, order was cancelled - the system was wrong about it being in stock
post #35033 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post

<snip>is this calf?</snip>

 

Definitely. A great pick-up.

post #35034 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post

ah damn, order was cancelled - the system was wrong about it being in stock

 

LOL, Namor mentioned something about that above. That was my experience the only time I tried to order from their seconds-list - I had to get my 4th choice because the other 3 didn't actually exist. Terrible.

post #35035 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Unless they are lying to me then yes I'm sure

I just got an email from LS. The jumpers are on Trubalance. I would've ordered if they were on barrie.
post #35036 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


I just purchased an unlined BB LHS in 11D that fits well (I would like perhaps a smidge more width, but they still fit well).
If I also want a lined Alden version, would you guys suggest an 11E? I feel like there is more room for my foot to expand through the day in the unlined version and concerned that the lined version in a D-width would not allow for this (my feet tend to expand a lot in the width).

They will probably break-in to be a perfect fit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


This is opposite to everything I've ever read on this forum confused.gif
How is it that they are on the same last but the tighter one is the unlined version?
Does not compute foo.gif

That is my personal experience.

post #35037 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

They never show nor will they tell you on the phone. They just say you have to find out when you receive them and if you want you can return them (and pay shipping back, etc.)

I had a different experience ...

I have never purchased a second. However, the one time I inquired about a second, I spoke to the owner. He told me exactly what the issue was. I opted not to buy them. His honesty was both refreshing and against his self-interest.
post #35038 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I had a different experience ...
I have never purchased a second. However, the one time I inquired about a second, I spoke to the owner. He told me exactly what the issue was. I opted not to buy them. His honesty was both refreshing and against his self-interest.

Probably because you got to speak to the owner. The order-taker ladies could care less about answering any questions. 

post #35039 of 95007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Hmm, there are exceptions, but I'd break it up this way in general:
balmoral shoe > balmoral boot > double monk strap > blucher shoe > blucher boot > single monk strap > loafer
The shoes to boots formality is for the same style. For example, though shoes are more formal than boots in general, a no brogue cap toe blucher boot is more formal than a long wing. There might also be some single monks that are more formal than bluchers, and some bluchers that are more formal than some double monks, but I think the trend is as above.
Anyway, specially for bluchers (shoes and boots), I'd say (bicycle toe not considered):
no brogue cap toe > perf cap toe & plain toe > half brogue cap toe > split toe / NST > long wing & full brogue / short wing
I'd like to hear other comments though.

I thought the plainer the dressier and would have thought that a plain toe oxford would be dressier than a no brogue cap toe.
post #35040 of 95007
Something I've wondered about for a bit: do LS and Shoemart announce when they're taking preorders? I know that LS's list of upcoming shoes has been posted in this thread, but do they announce a window for placing orders? And what about Shoemart?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***