or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2327

post #34891 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post

long time no contribute but just wanted to share these black shell wingtip boots from Alden San Francisco - (service was amazing! and saved on NY taxes). They are on the Barrie Last. Enjoy!
Blackwingtip1.jpg
Blackwingtip2.jpg
Blackwingtip3.jpg

Black shell always looks fantastic. Beautiful pair of boots

They will look even better with the shell rolls and folds nod[1].gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #34892 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.





Welcome! Be sure to post more pics of your beautiful collection. Great looking LWBs!
post #34893 of 86753

A few picture that I couldn't upload earlier. These shoes have never been waxed in or conditioned in over a 100 wearings over the last 15 months. Just brushed and cared for with shoe trees and stored in shoe bags.

 

 

 

 

 

post #34894 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post

long time no contribute but just wanted to share these black shell wingtip boots from Alden San Francisco - (service was amazing! and saved on NY taxes). They are on the Barrie Last. Enjoy!

These are great. If I were going to get a pair of black shell, I think they would be wingtip boots or NST boots.
post #34895 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

they state that in order to return an item you need to email them and have an RMA # issued.
they never returned emails requesting an RMA, nor phone calls/voicemails.
but hey, to their credit, they responded within 12 hours of my filing a complaint with the better business bureau!

I have responded to their email (about the shoes being 16+ weeks from delivery) saying I would like to cancel the order, and I just left a voicemail saying the same, since no one answered their customer service number (big surprise). I will be following up tomorrow. Even if they did have them available and I was able to get them at 25% off, I'm not sure the corresponding stress with ordering from them is worth it.
post #34896 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I have responded to their email (about the shoes being 16+ weeks from delivery) saying I would like to cancel the order, and I just left a voicemail saying the same, since no one answered their customer service number (big surprise). I will be following up tomorrow. Even if they did have them available and I was able to get them at 25% off, I'm not sure the corresponding stress with ordering from them is worth it.

Took me 40+ days, 20+ calls, 10+ voicemails, multiple messages left with their B&M store, multiple emails with the Better Business Bureau, and a complaint on their Facebook page to finally get a pair of standard Indy boots delivered.

To their credit, the people at the B&M store were reasonably nice and there was a woman named Marie who actually got things done, but whoever manages their internet store/warehouse is literally fucking brain dead.
post #34897 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Took me 40+ days, 20+ calls, 10+ voicemails, multiple messages left with their B&M store, multiple emails with the Better Business Bureau, and a complaint on their Facebook page to finally get a pair of standard Indy boots delivered.
To their credit, the people at the B&M store were reasonably nice and there was a woman named Marie who actually got things done, but whoever manages their internet store/warehouse is literally fucking brain dead.

This made me laugh. Probably because I've interacted with them on multiple occasions personally. They actually have a nice little store, and a couple of the young ladies who work there really do seem to try their best. However, the management types are less than personable. I anticipate with glee the run on their next 25% off sale and the ensuing horror stories.
post #34898 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Black shell always looks fantastic. Beautiful pair of boots
They will look even better with the shell rolls and folds nod[1].gif

Black shell is great. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #34899 of 86753

what's everyones go to product for scratch treatment for brown chromexcel, ala indy 405?

 

tia

post #34900 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

what's everyones go to product for scratch treatment for brown chromexcel, ala indy 405?

tia

I recently had great success addressing some scratches on my dad's 405s with just Renovateur and lots of brushing.
post #34901 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


I recently had great success addressing some scratches on my dad's 405s with just Renovateur and lots of brushing.

 

excellent, been meaning to grab some. thanks for the input

post #34902 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post

long time no contribute but just wanted to share these black shell wingtip boots from Alden San Francisco - (service was amazing! and saved on NY taxes). They are on the Barrie Last. Enjoy!

This looks fantastic. Black shell definitely under rated. Feel like it makes up very nicely in a WT. Nagging feeling I will need some. Enjoy yourself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

bought these yesterday:
Great choice. I've been drawn to my PTBs (#8) in recent days. These will wear very nicely. Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Oh yes. I guess most guys in this thread know what you're talking about nod%5B1%5D.gif
Thank you. I can't wait to break in those longwings and see what Barrie will fit like.
Btw, I think I've mentioned it before, but I was inclined to go with cigar PTB (also from Alden NY, I was kinda assuming I'd give in and get a #8 LWB afterwards), but it sold out in my size in front of my eyes. Well, I thought, I'm good either way colgate.gif

Thanks, I tried to snap some indoors, but wasn't too successful with the iphone camera:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.
These are wearingly wonderfully. Such a classic iteration of this style. Thanks for sharing and welcome.
post #34903 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

what's everyones go to product for scratch treatment for brown chromexcel, ala indy 405?

 

tia

 

Just to clarify, The 405 from Alden is not actually Chromexcel. It's just 'normal' calf leather. The Chromexcel version is the 403. 

 

This is unless you got your Indy boots from JCrew which calls their version of the Chromexcel 403 Indy's, 405. 

post #34904 of 86753
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Black shell is great. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I've never considered a black pair of boots until I saw those. outstanding.
post #34905 of 86753
Well...told you i've been hitting everything in sight with a little Saphir Reno...even my watch strap.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***