or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2326

post #34876 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

Hi Alden lovers!
I've been a keen follower of this forum. To me this seems like one big family. This is my first comment on this forum. 
My shoe cabinet comprises of :

1. Alden Longwing blucher in #8 shell (Alden NYC)
2. Alden Longwing blucher in Ravello shell (Alden DC)
3. Alden NST in Cigar (Alden SF)
4. Alden Perf cap toe bal in Black shell (Alden SF)

This may not be a long list, but considering that I live in India and I discovered Alden a year back, this is my repertoire.

My best wishes to the forum members. 

Welcome. Nice choices.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #34877 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post
It really is special when you open the box of your first pair (and every pair after that icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif ) of shell cordovan Aldens. The fragrance alone is worth the price.

Oh yes. I guess most guys in this thread know what you're talking about nod[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The barrie is one of my favorites; the leydon one of my least favorites.

Cigar LWBs are wonderful. Nice choice.

Thank you. I can't wait to break in those longwings and see what Barrie will fit like.

Btw, I think I've mentioned it before, but I was inclined to go with cigar PTB (also from Alden SF, I was kinda assuming I'd give in and get a #8 LWB afterwards), but it sold out in my size in front of my eyes. Well, I thought, I'm good either way colgate.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Nice choice, let's see some pics.

Thanks, I tried to snap some indoors, but wasn't too successful with the iphone camera:

 

 

 

I'll try to shoot some pics in the wild after I've broken them in. Hot damn, I'm starting to realize what this is all about happy.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

The bad news is that it will. The good is that you at least have a nice guitar and a cute dog you can sell to help fund it.
 

Oh shit, I have a nice guitar too. Don't want to part with it though ffffuuuu.gif


Edited by neutrino - 9/17/12 at 3:33pm
post #34878 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Welcome. Nice choices.

Thank you very much. Glad to join

post #34879 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Thanks, I tried to snap some indoors, but wasn't too successful with the iphone camera:


Very nice. Enjoy in good health, as uncle would surely say.

Alden NY? Some here might disagree, but I really like the dark welt on these and cigar in general. I think I'm going to ultimately go with a #8 LWB, but I go back and forth between #8 and cigar. I suppose they are both great options and most end up with both. smile.gif
post #34880 of 87474

My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.

 

 

 

post #34881 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.





Wish I were in India right now, wearing Alden's. Welcome to the forum.
post #34882 of 87474
woah your shoes dont really crease man
post #34883 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Kakar View Post

My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.

 

 

 

You clearly have the shoe care routine down. Well done. 

post #34884 of 87474
Have to say... I'm pretty bummed about missing the recent NRO code. I know they are knuckleheads (and I probably just got lucky), but last time I got my 8.5E suede chukkas in a week for a ridiculous price. It's worth a try at 25% off for something you'd be buying anyway.
post #34885 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


Wish I were in India right now, wearing Alden's. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you BootSpell

post #34886 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post

woah your shoes dont really crease man

Yes they don't crease as much, though my Hampton lasted perf cap toe bals in black shell crease the most for me. Shall post pictures of those soon

post #34887 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

You clearly have the shoe care routine down. Well done. 

Yes I do. These shoes have never been waxed or reno'd even once in their life. Just brush- wear- let dry for 24 hours- brush- shoetree- in shoebag and box- into cabinet.

post #34888 of 87474
long time no contribute but just wanted to share these black shell wingtip boots from Alden San Francisco - (service was amazing! and saved on NY taxes). They are on the Barrie Last. Enjoy!

Blackwingtip1.jpg

Blackwingtip2.jpg

Blackwingtip3.jpg
post #34889 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjl1 View Post

Have to say... I'm pretty bummed about missing the recent NRO code. I know they are knuckleheads (and I probably just got lucky), but last time I got my 8.5E suede chukkas in a week for a ridiculous price. It's worth a try at 25% off for something you'd be buying anyway.


I had the promotional code and 25% queued up and ready to go at work; 9901's (Black Sheel PTB) for $468.  Decided to wait to get home and use an AM EX gift card.  An hour later at home the promotional code was rejected.  I called NRO and they said the promotion was only supposed to be for outerwear.  So for those of you who pulled the trigger before the glitch was fixed, congrats and good luck!

post #34890 of 87474
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post

long time no contribute but just wanted to share these black shell wingtip boots from Alden San Francisco - (service was amazing! and saved on NY taxes). They are on the Barrie Last. Enjoy!
Blackwingtip1.jpg
Blackwingtip2.jpg
Blackwingtip3.jpg

Those look amazing. Have fun in them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***