or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2319

post #34771 of 98901
Yeah. I'll have to check out later. Could use a laugh right now
post #34772 of 98901
NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.

Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. smile.gif
post #34773 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.
Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. smile.gif

I thought the 25% off code at NRO didn't work on Aldens. Did I miss something?
post #34774 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.
Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. smile.gif

I'm having an internal debate about whether I should jump on the #8 PTBs now, instead of waiting until October like I told myself I would.

 

Also, do you have to go all the way to the end of the checkout process before you can enter the code?  I didn't see the option in the first page or two before entering my billing info.

post #34775 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.
Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. smile.gif

I have both and like them both. But keep this in mind: ravello is much harder to find, and, from what I have been told, it will become even harder still.
post #34776 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I thought the 25% off code at NRO didn't work on Aldens. Did I miss something?

I just verified that you are correct. Code JACKET worked for me this morning. Now it doesn't.
post #34777 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

I'm having an internal debate about whether I should jump on the #8 PTBs now, instead of waiting until October like I told myself I would.

Also, do you have to go all the way to the end of the checkout process before you can enter the code?  I didn't see the option in the first page or two before entering my billing info.

The code no longer applies. They must have corrected this mid day.
post #34778 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I just verified that you are correct. Code JACKET worked for me this morning. Now it doesn't.

Damn. I wish I had been wrong. biggrin.gif
post #34779 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I have both and like them both. But keep this in mind: ravello is much harder to find, and, from what I have been told, it will become even harder still.

I guess it's moot since the code no longer works. You're right that ravello is rare, which is one of the reasons I jumped on them. I think I'm just having a hard time justifying the cost to myself. First world problems.
post #34780 of 98901
color 8 is still king
post #34781 of 98901
I haven't seen any group shots lately so I took one of my current line up. I included lasts and sizes to show how my sizing has evolved over the years. The larger sizes fit with the use of insoles. Apologies for the iPhone pic. My son took his DSLR to school today...

img0670nk.jpg

Top (L-R)
AoC AF84 Brown Calf Wingtip Boot (Barrie - 8.5D)
J. Gilbert Cigar Indy (Trubalance - 8D)
Alden DC Cigar Captoe Boot (Grant - 9D)
Alden DC #8 Captoe Boot (Grant - 8.5D)

Bottom (L-R)
ShoeMart 2nd Snuff Suede PTB (Barrie - 8D)
Leffot Ravello LWB (Barrie - 8D)
#8 LHS (Van - 8.5D)
#8 PTB (Barrie - 8.5D)
post #34782 of 98901
^ You have the Grant last captoe in 2 different sizes. Out of curiosity, which fits better? (I'm on the waiting list for that boot in cigar. ) I suppose I should also ask which of your Barrie last sizes fits better.
post #34783 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post

^ You have the Grant last captoe in 2 different sizes. Out of curiosity, which fits better? (I'm on the waiting list for that boot in cigar. ) I suppose I should also ask which of your Barrie last sizes fits better.

I reallized after trial and error that I'm a 8D in the Barrie. They fit better than the 8.5D. As for the Grant the 9D is a little loose even when I use a leather insole with an arch. However it fit a little better because the toe box is not as narrow than on the 8.5D. Hope this helps.
post #34784 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I haven't seen any group shots lately so I took one of my current line up. I included lasts and sizes to show how my sizing has evolved over the years. The larger sizes fit with the use of insoles. Apologies for the iPhone pic. My son took his DSLR to school today...
img0670nk.jpg

Gorgeous.

post #34785 of 98901
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I haven't seen any group shots lately so I took one of my current line up. I included lasts and sizes to show how my sizing has evolved over the years. The larger sizes fit with the use of insoles. Apologies for the iPhone pic. My son took his DSLR to school today...
img0670nk.jpg
Top (L-R)
AoC AF84 Brown Calf Wingtip Boot (Barrie - 8.5D)
J. Gilbert Cigar Indy (Trubalance - 8D)
Alden DC Cigar Captoe Boot (Grant - 9D)
Alden DC #8 Captoe Boot (Grant - 8.5D)
Bottom (L-R)
ShoeMart 2nd Snuff Suede PTB (Barrie - 8D)
Leffot Ravello LWB (Barrie - 8D)
#8 LHS (Van - 8.5D)
#8 PTB (Barrie - 8.5D)

Very nice! Does your Alden DC Color 8 cap toe have commando sole? I've been wanting another color 8 captoe in grant last.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***