or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2317

post #34741 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Thomsquared, those are sick. Congrats!

I picked up the #8 wingtip from BB. fingers crossed the paint on the eyelets dont chip as fast as the ones on my boots.

The paint has come off several of the eyelets on my #8 BB wingtips.
And the paint didn't chip off either. It's like the whole ring of it came loose. Looks like there's green oxidation on the brass too.
That's the only pair of Aldens I have with that problem.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #34742 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

the disaster has been televised.
http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/31510998794/restless-summer-night-sprayed-my-alden-white
man, forgot to tape around the sole trim. now im scrubbing at the polish trying to remove it from the trim

Hmmmm, not as bad as I expected after the smurf comment. I'd still call them closer to royal blue than navy. Do you think they will get darker with more spray? Are they dry in the pics? I bet they get off the shelf every once in a while.biggrin.gif
post #34743 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Havn't seen uncle mac post for a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

I believe he has mentioned in the past that he is a CPA.

I know that he seems to disappear in March and April leading up to tax day and if he is anything like my wife, and has some government clients, foundations, or non-profits, this could be another busy time of year for him since most of them close their books September 30th.
post #34744 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

I couldn't do that. It's very likely that these will end up in the trash, or on your shelf as a daily reminder to never do something like this again lol.

There's nothing like words of encouragement .... biggrin.gif

But in the interest of full disclosure, I couldn't do that either.

Good luck to Namor.
post #34745 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

The paint has come off several of the eyelets on my #8 BB wingtips.
And the paint didn't chip off either. It's like the whole ring of it came loose. Looks like there's green oxidation on the brass too.
That's the only pair of Aldens I have with that problem.

Interesting.

I've never had this issue with my eyelets.
post #34746 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

the disaster has been televised.
http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/31510998794/restless-summer-night-sprayed-my-alden-white
man, forgot to tape around the sole trim. now im scrubbing at the polish trying to remove it from the trim

 

I wonder what will happen the first time these get wet... butbut.gif

post #34747 of 86679
Namor, you should have tested that with these, they are even in your size:

http://leffot.com/shop/leffot-barrow-milkshake-suede/
post #34748 of 86679

My first pair of Alden's.......

 

Oxblood Brixton Boots...   Was really worried about getting the size right but I think I nailed it.

 

 

First inspection.

 

 

 

Gonna go put a few miles on em.

 

Hope this doesn't become an expensive habit...

post #34749 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly19 View Post

My first pair of Alden's.......

Oxblood Brixton Boots...   Was really worried about getting the size right but I think I nailed it.


First inspection.







Gonna go put a few miles on em.

Hope this doesn't become an expensive habit...

Nice boots.

Even the dog appears to approve.
post #34750 of 86679

^ Looks even better with the Gibson SG Standard!!  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #34751 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly19 View Post

My first pair of Alden's.......

Oxblood Brixton Boots...   Was really worried about getting the size right but I think I nailed it.


First inspection.







Gonna go put a few miles on em.

Hope this doesn't become an expensive habit...

Everything about these pictures is great. Where did you get the boots?
post #34752 of 86679
^Agreed. I have an SG Special that highlights my color 8s. Could use a little abelone inlay in my life.
post #34753 of 86679

Good to see many boots in recent posts, fall weather is here! My cigar indys:

 

 

 

post #34754 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly19 View Post

My first pair of Alden's.......

Oxblood Brixton Boots...   Was really worried about getting the size right but I think I nailed it.


First inspection. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Gonna go put a few miles on em.

Hope this doesn't become an expensive habit...

Very nice. Enjoy those. From Epaulet, yes?
post #34755 of 86679
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Very nice. Enjoy those. From Epaulet, yes?


Yes

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***