or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2298

post #34456 of 79301
^ I agree 2012. Conviction, Resolve, IRONHORSE!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #34457 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ I've received 2 orders from Carmina (both DHL) and no customs. Hate to beat a dead horse but this customs ish is holding me back from getting those boots from FRANS BOOOOONE!


If you're referring to the color 8 boots, those are pure sex. I was on the fence between those and the cigar longwings. Frans Boone's makeups make other retailers look stodgy.

post #34458 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Snob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Yes, the $6.50 is a fee, then duty was $61 or 8.5%. As far as I can tell this is an error, though understandable since the package wasn't properly marked. It is a little bit of a pain though, and I can understand why you would hesitate. Note that DHL has not charged fees, just UPS.

As I'm reading the discussion about order from Frans in Europe given the customs/duty fees, I'm wondering if anyone has experience ordering from The Bureau, and whether this was an issue there too?

Thanks,

Andrew

Ordered about 5 or 6 times from the Bureau.
They shipped FedEx. Never paid brokerage or duty.
I think their shipping includes customs clearance.
Shipments have been Trickers.
post #34459 of 79301

On the Fran Boone makeup, what do you guys think about the cigar shell PTB on a crepe sole? I like the cigar but I'm holding back because of the crepe sole. I would prefer a leather sole because it'll be more durable & lasting, I think. Any comment / advice?

post #34460 of 79301

I really love the hearty use of brass eyelets on frans boone's makeups.

post #34461 of 79301
yeah im diggin the brass too. with this F/W collection, FB has made brass eyelets synomous with their name. its a great touch

would also be a great way to give a face lift to an old pair of Aldens
post #34462 of 79301
ill be in the SF Alden store tomorrow. fingers crossed they have the unlined #8 ptb in my size.. if they do, i might need to have my cobbler put some brass eyelets on them
post #34463 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ I've received 2 orders from Carmina (both DHL) and no customs. Hate to beat a dead horse but this customs ish is holding me back from getting those boots from FRANS BOOOOONE!

I just received the ravello indy from frans boone and wasn't charged customs, a surcharge, conversion fee, or anything else other than their flat shipping rate.  Also received excellent service and would order from again.

post #34464 of 79301
^ that's fantastic. Was this FedEx? Did you give any special instructions? That's the boot I want to order actually since its still available in my size. My convert app is failing me. Wish this was right:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
post #34465 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

ill be in the SF Alden store tomorrow. fingers crossed they have the unlined #8 ptb in my size.. if they do, i might need to have my cobbler put some brass eyelets on them

Where is your cobbler and do they do metal toe taps? I work a few blocks from Alden SF.
post #34466 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

On the Fran Boone makeup, what do you guys think about the cigar shell PTB on a crepe sole? I like the cigar but I'm holding back because of the crepe sole. I would prefer a leather sole because it'll be more durable & lasting, I think. Any comment / advice?

personally i love the crepe sole.  I don't have it in shell but if fb still had my size in the cigar boot it would have been a very tough choice on what to get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ that's fantastic. Was this FedEx? Did you give any special instructions? That's the boot I want to order actually since its still available in my size. My convert app is failing me. Wish this was right:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

 

hahaha if only the euro was that beat up, i think i would go into debt buying up all the shoes and clothes i could!  Ended up paying 780US when everything was said and done and i didn't give any special instruction.  and yes it was fedex.  The boot itself is fantastic, the batch of ravello came out amazing.  I will take pictures tomorrow in sunlight and indoors and put them up.

post #34467 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpirtl22 View Post

I just received the ravello indy from frans boone and wasn't charged customs, a surcharge, conversion fee, or anything else other than their flat shipping rate.  Also received excellent service and would order from again.

How long did you wait for the shoe? My Cigar PTB should be in the pipeline soon, we need PICS! The newer shell seems lighter per some picture here.
post #34468 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

Where is your cobbler and do they do metal toe taps? I work a few blocks from Alden SF.
When need a cobbler here in the Bay area who could put metal shoe taps!
post #34469 of 79301
I dont know of a SF cobbler that does metal plates. Im also in search of a local shop that can do metal eyelets
post #34470 of 79301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

On the Fran Boone makeup, what do you guys think about the cigar shell PTB on a crepe sole? I like the cigar but I'm holding back because of the crepe sole. I would prefer a leather sole because it'll be more durable & lasting, I think. Any comment / advice?

I have two models with crepe sole (AWW, and ravello LWB from Alden of Carmel). I personally like it a lot - it's incredibly comfortable to walk on and provides good traction in a wide range of conditions. But it makes the shoes look extremely "chunky". That's not a bad thing, but it's a very particular thing. Whether you like it or not depends on how you plan on using the shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***