or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2260

post #33886 of 91371
I'm also disappointed because the purchase is still listed as 'pending' on my bank account and thus the funds are not available. But I also don't think that anyone will be getting their orders - the people in customer service said that every order was being cancelled.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #33887 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


You might be waiting for a while unless you were in on one of the pre-orders....I'm still waiting for Epaulet's Ravello Brixton boot, and we still don't have any word of when they will be produced.

Yeah I'm ok with waiting. I just grabbed the last cigar brixton, looking forward to that showing up soon.

post #33888 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG WONG View Post

My order was honored and it was shipped today.

This is very interesting in light of the above posts about cancellations .......
post #33889 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

Yeah I'm ok with waiting. I just grabbed the last cigar brixton, looking forward to that showing up soon.

You're gonna love it....I passed on the Cigar because I already had the Color 8 in my possession and the Ravello on pre-order, but it's a great boot style.
post #33890 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Why not ravello, especially if you have the darker edging?  Also, I think whiskey could go well with summer suits like seer sucker or light-colored linen/cotton suits, or even darker ones.  The contrast can be pretty cool.   (I suppose these don't qualify as dressy suits).

As my original post said, there is no right or wrong. And my post was limited to LWBs, and not meant to be taken generally as to the stated colors.

Those are merely my personal preferences, and how things play out for my personal style of dress. There are some ravello models that would pair well with a suit IMO (e.g., SWB, captoe blucher, captoe bal) , I just don't do it with ravello LWB's. There is maybe one whiskey model I personally would be open to pairing with a suit - captoe bal. Beyond that, no whiskey with suits for me (simply too light in color for me). LWBs are fairly bulky. The lighter the color (whiskey, ravello) - the bulkier the appearance.

I have literally stood in front of a mirror with a suit on - paired with ravello LWBs and whiskey LWBs - and I just can't do it. Others can - and I have no objection to that. Different strokes for different folks .....


I completely understand your point of view, and it is a very reasonable position.  I in no way meant to call you out.

post #33891 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

24l1qib.jpg
2ilgcgh.jpg
ravello wt boot
argyles otc

Hi, i always see you post the awesome Alden boots and shoes. Could i know what store did you buy it from ?

post #33892 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I guess this is fair - for example, for an interview or an important meeting with clients that I hadn't met before or something, black, color 8 or dark brown (I am partial to the ralph lauren marlows) with a dark navy or grey suit is likely the way to go. However, if you have a few suits that you wear regularly, and one of them is ligher grey or navy, ravello or whiskey seems fine to me.

Sure, there are other variables such as environmental factors (work vs. social event, time of year, etc.) and suit fabric. For example, a navy wool suit in winter in a conservative business setting versus a linen or cotton navy suit in summer at, say, a relative's graduation. Whiskey in the former case might raise an eyebrow, whereas in the latter case it might be the most appropriate choice.
post #33893 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanakit View Post

Hi, i always see you post the awesome Alden boots and shoes. Could i know what store did you buy it from ?


There are a good number of retaliers who sell Aldens.

The Shoe Mart

LeatherSoul

Leffot

Alden Of Carmel

Frans Boone
J Crew

J Gilbert

All good options.

post #33894 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post

I just spoke with Shoemart and they said that all of these orders are being cancelled.

So did they cancel them after you called them or before? Unknown should have paid for the next day air shipping...
post #33895 of 91371
someone explain to me why the shoemart suede indy captoe boot is called an "indy". just curious. fine looking boot imho.
post #33896 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

The Shoe Mart just emailed me telling me:
Hello,
I am emailing from TheShoeMart regarding your recent order for the
Alden Men's Leisure Handsewn Shell Cordovan Cigar Shell (style #
6717). Unfortunately, there was a glitch in our computer system this
weekend in which case the system "confused" the Shell Cordovan version
of this item with the Calfskin version. However, this particular model
actually isn't made in Calfskin, and we do not have the Shell Cordovan
version in stock. Therefore, your order has been cancelled, and you
were never charged for it. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If
you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you very much.

I am so disappointed that some people got theirs and I didn't especially since I ordered really early too frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

The Shoe Mart just emailed me telling me:
Hello,
I am emailing from TheShoeMart regarding your recent order for the
Alden Men's Leisure Handsewn Shell Cordovan Cigar Shell (style #
6717). Unfortunately, there was a glitch in our computer system this
weekend in which case the system "confused" the Shell Cordovan version
of this item with the Calfskin version. However, this particular model
actually isn't made in Calfskin, and we do not have the Shell Cordovan
version in stock. Therefore, your order has been cancelled, and you
were never charged for it. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If

you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you very much.

I am so disappointed that some people got theirs and I didn't especially since I ordered really early too frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

The Shoe Mart just emailed me telling me:
Hello,
I am emailing from TheShoeMart regarding your recent order for the
Alden Men's Leisure Handsewn Shell Cordovan Cigar Shell (style #
6717). Unfortunately, there was a glitch in our computer system this
weekend in which case the system "confused" the Shell Cordovan version
of this item with the Calfskin version. However, this particular model
actually isn't made in Calfskin, and we do not have the Shell Cordovan
version in stock. Therefore, your order has been cancelled, and you
were never charged for it. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If
you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you very much.

I am so disappointed that some people got theirs and I didn't especially since I ordered really early too frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

well I noticed that after I ordered a pair that the stock available did not update thus some may receive while others miss out.


Also a tracking number does not mean much until after it actually leaves the store. If shoemart ships any at all I will be surprised.
post #33897 of 91371
ANyone jump on those summer Frans Boone pre-orders from their web site (you know the ones that needed to be ordered by 7/23). They are so nice, and I'm a little sad I didn't see them until late August (though my wife and wallet are not...)
post #33898 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

So did they cancel them after you called them or before? Unknown should have paid for the next day air shipping...
got the same email quoted above, then called
post #33899 of 91371
post #33900 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by husbands View Post


got the same email quoted above, then called

Got a paypal refund but no email saying why (obviously I know why). Oh well...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***