or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2202

post #33016 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Ravello tassels. Will Mac method these soon (I tend to Mac them less because the tassel gets in the way). I love these shoes
a68958a4-6986-ccf3.jpg

looking sharp! These almost look to me the same shade as my cigar ptbs (which i love)

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #33017 of 87564
Our beloved Alden shoe company also use the term Oxford for some Blucher models in their official printed catalog. In fact the 990 was referred as the Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher Oxford. Blucher and Oxford at the same time. Interesting.
post #33018 of 87564
Gents:

In the last few days there has been some back and forth about shell v. calf on the AE thread. I added a comment or two about it. biggrin.gif Below I am reproducing a post I made over on that thread earlier today. I would highly recommend each shoe pictured, particularly if your dress is of the business professional variety.
Quote:
This is not to revive the shell v. calf topic, but I thought the following link (picture) was apropos in demonstrating the shine each gets:

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/new-arrivals/

I have both the shoes pictured, albeit on the Hampton Last, and not the Plaza. So the comparison is one I know from personal experience.

A good Friday to one and all.
post #33019 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese View Post

Im sorry.... but why do you call him nephew? It's rather odd. 

rotflmao.gif

You just haven't been lurking on this thread long enough!

post #33020 of 87564
No affiliation with them, but another good looking shoe from Unionmade. Really like their offerings.



post #33021 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

You just haven't been lurking on this thread long enough!

Just spend enough time here and you'll be posting close-up pics of yourself in argyle socks and calling men you've never met uncle. I don't know which is worse.
post #33022 of 87564
Leffot just restocked their snuff suede Conley boot... I don't own it and won't buy it this round, but I've seen people wear it and it is one of my favorite Alden suede makeups. It's a great all year round boot, it works well in both the fall and spring.
post #33023 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot just restocked their snuff suede Conley boot... I don't own it and won't buy it this round, but I've seen people wear it and it is one of my favorite Alden suede makeups. It's a great all year round boot, it works well in both the fall and spring.

They are really nice ... And not in a 9e ... Sigh ...
post #33024 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Gents:
In the last few days there has been some back and forth about shell v. calf on the AE thread. I added a comment or two about it. biggrin.gif Below I am reproducing a post I made over on that thread earlier today. I would highly recommend each shoe pictured, particularly if your dress is of the business professional variety.


For a second those photos made me wish I had pre-ordered cordovan instead of calf. I don't have any alden calf yet though, and these will fit my needs well. This is also my first plaza and I'm kinda excited.
post #33025 of 87564

I've owned my first pair of Aldens for a couple weeks now and just wanted to thank you guys for providing a great forum. I based much of my purchase decision on your posts and it was on this thread that I heard about the Tom Austin sale that made it possible to get my first pair. I bought a color 8 longwing floor model that was lovingly restored to somewhat match the left, which sat quietly in a box since 2002. They couldn't be considered firsts or even seconds, but it's the imperfections and mismatched color that endear them to me.

700

 

Though this will surely be shunned by the argyle devotees, I usually wear mine without socks. I prefer the feel of the shoes directly on my feet and think the aesthetic bears a sense of candor to which I'm partial. I get a lot of crap for this from the older crowd at work, but I enjoy that as well. I might even be referred to as a 'hipster' by a few, but my intent to support quality, American made products is as genuine as the next person posting here.

I've bought three shoes in the past couple months and am hoping my spending soon begins to wane. In addition to the #8 longwing, I have the The Bureau Kudu Boot and may be getting some #8 Indy Boots if I'm lucky enough to end up in the minority who has a decent experience with North River Outfitter. I'm surprised by the lack of love for kudu on this thread but caveat this sentiment by saying I do not own any chromexcel. It's a bigger test of will to rest my kudu boots than anything else I own.

Anyway, thanks for maintaining such a quality thread. I'm having a lot of fun on here.

post #33026 of 87564
These are wicked cool. Just called UnionMade to cop but they are out of my size (7.5 in Barrie). SH*t.
post #33027 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Just spend enough time here and you'll be posting close-up pics of yourself in argyle socks and calling men you've never met uncle. I don't know which is worse.

fistbump.gif
post #33028 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by amftx View Post

For a second those photos made me wish I had pre-ordered cordovan instead of calf. I don't have any alden calf yet though, and these will fit my needs well. This is also my first plaza and I'm kinda excited.

Not to worry - the calf is a very nice shoe as well. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33029 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot just restocked their snuff suede Conley boot... I don't own it and won't buy it this round, but I've seen people wear it and it is one of my favorite Alden suede makeups. It's a great all year round boot, it works well in both the fall and spring.

Interesting that it is on the Aberdeen (a last which I happen to like, among others). Boot models don't see the Aberdeen much. It no doubt has a narrower presentation than does the Barrie.
post #33030 of 87564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

rotflmao.gif

You just haven't been lurking on this thread long enough!

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


Just spend enough time here and you'll be posting close-up pics of yourself in argyle socks and calling men you've never met uncle. I don't know which is worse.

 

biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***