or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2190

post #32836 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


That is my personal take on this issue too. Not saying boots with a suit can't be done - just that I can't bring myself to do it. I will, however, go with certain shell boots with most everything short of a suit (which I am doing today with gabardines, shirt, tie, and color 8 chukkas). Completely off topic - dress shirts - the BB luxury line slim fit is perhaps the best cut of RTW dress shirt on the market, IMO (slimmer than BB's other "slim fit" shirts, but not so slim a guy feels like he is in a wiener casing).
Hope Monday is treating everyone well ...

 I find that the regular fit BB shirts are intended for larger body types, and that the slim fit is for people of healthy proportions .  I'm a slim guy so I swim in the regular fit, and will only buy slim from now on.  I have even thought of going extra-slim or whatever they call it. 

 

If you think about it, it makes sense.  Not like they have a cut called extra-wide, they just call it "regular".

post #32837 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

^dry cloth for buffing...
in other news, leffot has 2 preorders open now. #8 tanker boot on commando sole and the blue suede indy boot. let the games begin.

Was this posted on their website? I checked and didn't see anything. Or do you just have to call or email?
post #32838 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


That is my personal take on this issue too. Not saying boots with a suit can't be done - just that I can't bring myself to do it. I will, however, go with certain shell boots with most everything short of a suit (which I am doing today with gabardines, shirt, tie, and color 8 chukkas). Completely off topic - dress shirts - the BB luxury line slim fit is perhaps the best cut of RTW dress shirt on the market, IMO (slimmer than BB's other "slim fit" shirts, but not so slim a guy feels like he is in a wiener casing).
Hope Monday is treating everyone well ...

 I find that the regular fit BB shirts are intended for larger body types, and that the slim fit is for people of healthy proportions .  I'm a slim guy so I swim in the regular fit, and will only buy slim from now on.  I have even thought of going extra-slim or whatever they call it. 

 

If you think about it, it makes sense.  Not like they have a cut called extra-wide, they just call it "regular".


BB's "regular fit" is ginormous!  Love their slim fit... not really that slim, but fits perfect;y for an average build.  Slim fit in other makers sometimes seem designed for male anorexics.

 

On a more relevant note to the thread, how does the NST dress up?  Is it more dressy than a LWB?  Do you wear NST's with suits? Trying to decide on my next Alden purchase.  I have all shades shell in LWB except for whiskey, and PTBs in black and color 8.  I'm thinking NST, PTB, or whiskey LWB (maybe Tassel mocs in color 8 or LHS in cigar or ravello, but have never really worn loafers).  Any thoughts?  Hoping to be able to wear with a suit and/or khakis.  Thanks in advance...

post #32839 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I dig it.


nephew,
looking nice, wearing in good health
post #32840 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

forum question: what is your go-to alden of choice for rainy days when you need to wear a suit?

overshoes will allow you to wear any shoe in your wardrobe
post #32841 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Today's choice:
Pebble grain longwings on a red brick sole:


wear in good health
post #32842 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

^dry cloth for buffing...
in other news, leffot has 2 preorders open now. #8 tanker boot on commando sole and the blue suede indy boot. let the games begin.

i agree dry cloth
post #32843 of 99243
2a75ulg.jpg
#8 chukkas
argyles otc
2ntd9a1.jpg
post #32844 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post


BB's "regular fit" is ginormous!  Love their slim fit... not really that slim, but fits perfect;y for an average build.  Slim fit in other makers sometimes seem designed for male anorexics.

On a more relevant note to the thread, how does the NST dress up?  Is it more dressy than a LWB?  Do you wear NST's with suits? Trying to decide on my next Alden purchase.  I have all shades shell in LWB except for whiskey, and PTBs in black and color 8.  I'm thinking NST, PTB, or whiskey LWB (maybe Tassel mocs in color 8 or LHS in cigar or ravello, but have never really worn loafers).  Any thoughts?  Hoping to be able to wear with a suit and/or khakis.  Thanks in advance...

IMO, the LWB is dressier than the NST.
I don't wear NSTs with suits, but some do. I wear some of my LWBs with suits - but never whiskey (I have the shell rainbow in LWBs).
I easily prefer the NST on the Barrie last over the Aberdeen Last (and I have both).
You've identified a number of models in a number of different colors. All can be worn with khakis. Very few of those identified, IMO, can be worn with suits.
If you already have 4 LWBs and 2 PTBs, try something different (the whiskey NST on the Barrie - offered at TSM - would be a good choice). nod[1].gif
post #32845 of 99243

Much thanks 7fold...
 

post #32846 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

2a75ulg.jpg
#8 chukkas
argyles otc
2ntd9a1.jpg

Very nice.

Wore mine on Monday with navy gabardines and navy argyles (not OTC).
post #32847 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Twas in the area and stopped by Alden SF to snap a few pics: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I can't decide whether to be relieved or sad that they all have speedhooks. I'm sorely tempted even though I prefer all eyelets. Both captoes are sweet.
post #32848 of 99243
Does anyone here use standard Allen Edmonds waxed laces for their Aldens? I'm tempted to try them...after relacing my Alden nst several times using the stock laces, the laces are starting to "fray," if you will, immediately adjacent to the plastic crimp.
post #32849 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Mind blowing. My new unicorn. Ravello sortwing down, whiskey captoe bal to go!:

My exact rection. Ive wanted a pair since seeing Srivats FS thread years ago.
post #32850 of 99243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

^dry cloth for buffing...
in other news, leffot has 2 preorders open now. #8 tanker boot on commando sole and the blue suede indy boot. let the games begin.

Can anyone weigh in on the fit of the NST/Tanker boots on Barrie last, perhaps in comparison to other Barrie lasted boots (wingtip, plain toe, cap toe, etc)?

I'm thinking the Tanker may be a touch too small for me in my usual Barrie size: LWB's fit me perfectly in a D-width...but Barrie Wingtip boots seem to run just a bit more narrow and tight across the instep, so I've wondered if this is true of Barrie-lasted boots in general. Also, without having compared them side by side, the Tanker boot looks like it may even be narrower than either the Barrie wingtip boot, plain toe boot, or cap-toe boot, Should I maybe bump up 1/2 size and stay in a D-width for Tankers if I want them to fit more like my normal size for LWB's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***