I'd say its a matter of preference. I like to baby my shoes, while others just worry about enjoying them, and there are even those who prefer the worn look.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2189
Styleforum Top Picks
Indys are work boots. Wear them and enjoy them. They're meant for mud, rain, sun, etc.
I mean jeeez, INDIANA JONES WORE THEM.
I wouldn't wear them with a suit though.
Edited by amftx - 8/6/12 at 9:30am
I was reminded how much I like Saphir Reno as I treated numerous pairs of shells yesterday - whiskey, ravello, cigar, color 8. I know of no other product, neutral in color, that provides such a nice infusion of moisture for shell.
That is my personal take on this issue too. Not saying boots with a suit can't be done - just that I can't bring myself to do it. I will, however, go with certain shell boots with most everything short of a suit (which I am doing today with gabardines, shirt, tie, and color 8 chukkas). Completely off topic - dress shirts - the BB luxury line slim fit is perhaps the best cut of RTW dress shirt on the market, IMO (slimmer than BB's other "slim fit" shirts, but not so slim a guy feels like he is in a wiener casing).
Hope Monday is treating everyone well ...
I don't know if everyone knows this already or not but Need Supply carries a decent selection of Aldens and as they are an affiliate of SF they give out discount codes to members. SFAUG10 is a 10% off code for this month, and I just tried it on a pair of Indy's and it applied and gave $46 off. They carry some cool makeups- thought some people here might be interested.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015