Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2152
Styleforum Top Picks
This was only a matter of time, what with Alden's continuously growing reputation, exposure via menswear blogs, and even all the people who pop into this thread with a "noob" sizing question. Price hikes each year too - Alden will milk it for all they can, relying on their exclusivity and "shell shortages" to up the frenzy even further.
Don't have the actual article but at that price I am guessing it is from the Tramezza line, which I think is primarily made using GY. Blake, or even Blake-rapid construction factors in the price; however I think leather upper type and quality is a stronger predictor.
I think shoes have always been trendy
I mean, it's possible, I've dyed shoes before for a change-of-pace, however, it takes a lot of preparation (i.e., stripping the older dye) and patience to get the right color. I recommend exercise caution and do some research. Ron Rider has a thread that goes over this process.
I personally wouldn't do it. The likelihood of a disaster is greater than the likelihood of achieving the exact color you want. Having said that, a few years back I "changed" the color of a pair of captoe bals from Peal & Co. (from medium brown to dark brown) by using black shoe cream/polish instead of brown. But doing the same thing to burnished tan seems like a much more difficult task, IMO.
I really like this shoe a lot and it seems like it would be a great addition to my rotation, but Unionmade usually only stocks D widths. Anyone know if they allow pre-orders for odd sizes? I'd also be interested to hear any reviews from someone who owns it.
I came close to ordering but I am not familiar with the smooth tobacco chamois, or how to care for it. It's a very nice and tempting makeup though.
I am a BIG fan of these. They have worn very well on some very sloppy NY days! I have also worn them sockless with shorts on a few sunny days.
I was actually thinking about doing the same exact thing with that model. Not having the guts to do it myself, I did contact the guys at B Nelson about whether it was possible and if they would do so. Needless to say, they do for about $70. Please let me know how it turns out -- if you do it.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 56 seconds ago
- › MMM white leather 5-zip, size 54 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015