or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2131

post #31951 of 99277

Happy Blue Suede Friday

blue suede.JPG

Donahue Dover Unionmade

post #31952 of 99277
Untitled
Cigar LWB
post #31953 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Untitled
Cigar LWB

Beautiful shoe.

I have this model. And it is one of my favorites. nod[1].gif
post #31954 of 99277
For those of you that own the Alden shell LHS and Alden for BB shell LHS (unlined), which do you prefer? Are the unlined ones more roomy? Did you size down by 1/2 size? I am considering pulling the trigger on one or the other in color 8. FWIW, I plan to wear them without socks from time to time, so I can't have them sloppy. In advance, thank you for your feedback. A good weekend to one and all ...
post #31955 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighlon View Post

Happy Blue Suede Friday
350x391px-LL-f03eb775_bluesuede.jpeg
Donahue Dover Unionmade

i like your blue suede ptb
post #31956 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Untitled
Cigar LWB

nephew,
looking good in cigar gunboat
a good day for cigar
post #31957 of 99277
2d6s9kl.jpg
cigar cap toe boot
argyles otc
2jc7aev.jpg
post #31958 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

For those of you that own the Alden shell LHS and Alden for BB shell LHS (unlined), which do you prefer? Are the unlined ones more roomy? Did you size down by 1/2 size? I am considering pulling the trigger on one or the other in color 8. FWIW, I plan to wear them without socks from time to time, so I can't have them sloppy. In advance, thank you for your feedback. A good weekend to one and all ...

I've already given my input but...

 

The unlined is way more comfortable and runs true-to-size in my experience.  The Aldens are very rigid, like wooden clogs, and I had to size down a half size and 1 width.  If you want to go sockless, I would say unlined is the clear choice.

 

Also, I would imagine that the unlined version would have less heel slip, a common complaint, because it is more flexible.

post #31959 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I've already given my input but...

The unlined is way more comfortable and runs true-to-size in my experience.  The Aldens are very rigid, like wooden clogs, and I had to size down a half size and 1 width.  If you want to go sockless, I would say unlined is the clear choice.

Also, I would imagine that the unlined version would have less heel slip, a common complaint, because it is more flexible.

Thanks for the input. I understood that both versions were on the VAN last. That being the case, I am rather surprised that you took different sizes in the 2 models of the LHS?

For those of you that have the Alden for BB LHS, what size did you take in relation to your TTS?
post #31960 of 99277
Nice Cigar captoes Mcarthur - plus nice socks on all your fits!

I'm waiting for things to cool down here so I can put some cordovan on my feet again smile.gif
post #31961 of 99277
I vary between a 12d and 12.5d , and take an 11.5 on the Barrie. ..

I went with an 11.5 in my unlined Alden for bb cordo lhs and think the fit is spot on. Initially they were a little tight across the vamp but theyve broken in beatifully.
Ive only worn them sock less, fwiw.
post #31962 of 99277
Those cigar captoes are indeed very nice ... what last are they on and what kind of sole? Any collabs going on now or soon that will have this makeup?
post #31963 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

I vary between a 12d and 12.5d , and take an 11.5 on the Barrie. ..
I went with an 11.5 in my unlined Alden for bb cordo lhs and think the fit is spot on. Initially they were a little tight across the vamp but theyve broken in beatifully.
Ive only worn them sock less, fwiw.

thank you
post #31964 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Those cigar captoes are indeed very nice ... what last are they on and what kind of sole? Any collabs going on now or soon that will have this makeup?

Yeah, things seemed to have quieted down recently...
post #31965 of 99277
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrag View Post

Nice Cigar captoes Mcarthur - plus nice socks on all your fits!
I'm waiting for things to cool down here so I can put some cordovan on my feet again smile.gif

thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***