or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2126

post #31876 of 99302
IMG_0313.jpg

Unlined #8 PTB
post #31877 of 99302
Bored again, so here are some pics.

J.Crew PTBoots.

232
232
232
post #31878 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighlon View Post

Cigars in the Office
350x370px-LL-d4b29355_cigar2.jpeg
Shoe: Unionmade Dover
Shine: Mac Method, Venetian Cream, 4years practice in the USMC

looking good in cigar and good shine
post #31879 of 99302
30112c4.jpg
ravello wt
argyles otc
s5xljs.jpg
post #31880 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Bored again, so here are some pics.
J.Crew PTBoots.

232

 

Wow, I really like that. What size is this? I'm always concerned about proportions in my size, and these look great. How do you like the calf?

post #31881 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighlon View Post

Cigars in the Office
350x370px-LL-d4b29355_cigar2.jpeg
Shoe: Unionmade Dover
Shine: Mac Method, Venetian Cream, 4years practice in the USMC

wow amazing shine on your beales!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #31882 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Wow, I really like that. What size is this? I'm always concerned about proportions in my size, and these look great. How do you like the calf?

I love it; these are an upgrade for my chestnut Red Wing GTs. The calf has some streakiness to it in the coloring that is excellent. These are 10.5s. The Trubalance really looks fantastic in PTB/Captoe/Brogue Cap design. The Indy seems clunky in comparison....
post #31883 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

ravello wt

Nice uncle


#8 with my khaki suit... not sure if I'm liking the combination.
Untitled
post #31884 of 99302

I have the best office mate in the world.

 

Cigar LWB from AoC

 

photo 3.jpg

post #31885 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post

350x263px-LL-f2e1a9ae_c6e4c99e-15c3-867b.jpeg

350x467px-LL-6163ec86_c6e4c99b-bd3c-94a0.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful!
Can't decide between the Cigar and Ravello for my next LWB. Any recommendations?


both are amazing, but cigar is the way to go. KOL.
post #31886 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

30112c4.jpg
ravello wt
argyles otc
s5xljs.jpg

Very Nice Uncle, Love the Ravellos.  All the wingtips lately on the forums are making me trigger happy.

I have to ask since I'm only a newbie(bought my first pair last June) to Aldens, "How old is your oldest pair?"

Every pair you have looks meticulously well cared for.

I know I probably speak for the majority here when I say you inspire the rest of us to maintain our own Aldens.

post #31887 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

#8 with my khaki suit... not sure if I'm liking the combination. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Untitled

#8 does look a tad too dark for the suit in this pic, but it may just be due to the lighting. I bet this looks much better out in natural sunlight.
post #31888 of 99302
263

Whiskey Chukkas. Will need to buff out a couple of those scratches.
post #31889 of 99302
Question..I received a pair of Cigar Chukkas today from the Madison Ave. store. I applied Alden rain defender (lightly) as recommended by the salesperson. When I buffed them out, the white cloth had what looked like black poiish on it. Is this normal? Does Alden apply black wax over the brown for their cigar cordovan? Also, one of the shoes is slightly darker than the other...is this common? Thanks for the help and advice!
post #31890 of 99302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce View Post

Question..I received a pair of Cigar Chukkas today from the Madison Ave. store. I applied Alden rain defender (lightly) as recommended by the salesperson. When I buffed them out, the white cloth had what looked like black poiish on it. Is this normal? Does Alden apply black wax over the brown for their cigar cordovan? Also, one of the shoes is slightly darker than the other...is this common? Thanks for the help and advice!

1) It is probably just dark brown polish/dye. I don't think Alden would use black on a cigar cordovan.

2) It is not uncommon, but you normally don't see it with chukkas as much. Can you post pics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***