or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2108

post #31606 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecentennial View Post

Mauro Polluzi, in the recent 50% off sale
Actually ordered an EU44 - which should equate to an US10.5, but they they sent me a US10E - still fit though, with the extra width..satisfied.gif

thanks a lot, they have great prices, but unfortunately not in my size. i had wrote them a question about the exact us size, look what they have answered me:

"Dear Customer,
We apologize but we have examined in ns. storage size available now is just a tv news. 11 Usa (45 Ita )

However, the data transmission within the calzatuta alden plain derby
11 C / E 13132Y shell cordovan Brown."

and I thought my English was bad biggrin.gif
Edited by redwinglover - 7/4/12 at 9:06am

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #31607 of 89398
This past February I purchased a pair of the cigar longwings from ShoeMart. They're lovely shoes, and I've worn them several times, but one thing about them kind of bugs me, and I wanted to check and see if I'm tweaking over nothing. Most of the pictures I've seen of the shoes elsewhere on the web (e.g. http://www.arichinnerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Cigar-LWB-1.jpg) show them as a uniform (cigar) color, but mine have a somewhat uneven coloration, particularly on the quarters near the eyelets. In this thread (post 23060) I've seen the word "antique" mentioned a couple of times, which comes closest to what I'm describing. Is this indeed how they come, at least from ShoeMart? (See also post 1514, page 101).
Edited by jefftyzzer - 7/4/12 at 11:37pm
post #31608 of 89398

If anybody here is getting the Barrie Wingtips in 9E but longer wants them, please let me know, I'll take them off your hands -

bawin2.jpg
 

post #31609 of 89398
Just an fyi - I ordered Alden Indy boots 403 from the NRO sale and had no problems. Never had to check on anything, ordered directly from their website. They sent an email receipt, a UPS notification of shipment next day and I received the boots within the next couple of days. No problems... nice to get 25% off and a Happy 4th of july...
post #31610 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

A couple of new arrivals at Leather Soul. Snuff suede and brown CXL barrie WT boots.
Is it just me or does this snuff look quite light?
232

Snuff suede always looks different in different photos. This looks normal to me.
post #31611 of 89398
^the finishing on the LS models is quite nice. The last three boots I've received have been impressively constructed.
post #31612 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Here you go: Leffot's Saddle Shoe, Barrie Last, and they have a size 8 in stock:
http://leffot.com/shop/alden-x-leffot-old-school-saddle-shoe/
350x233px-LL-3b452726_SaddleBlk-Wht.jpeg
350x244px-LL-d575e9fb_SaddleBlk-Wht-2.jpeg
350x237px-LL-f5915a07_SaddleBlk-Wht-4.jpeg

Like'em and thanks, but looking for something not white....I don't get much wear with white shoes. Any others.

JT
post #31613 of 89398
Those saddle shoes look a little "golf shoe" for me, personally.
post #31614 of 89398
can someone tell me whether the crepe sole is painted black ?

400

i ask my cobbler to resole my indys with a crepe sole, he told me that this should be no problem. but he hasnt a black crepe sole, according to him alden painted them black, but i cant believe this. he is a official alden cobbler.
post #31615 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwinglover View Post

can someone tell me whether the crepe sole is painted black ?
400
i ask my cobbler to resole my indys with a crepe sole, he told me that this should be no problem. but he hasnt a black crepe sole, according to him alden painted them black, but i cant believe this. he is a official alden cobbler.

The crepe material is black. Maybe he meant that it is dyed black? I have seen other crepe soles in other colors (even as light as beige).
post #31616 of 89398
as I thought, thanks. he has only a sole in brown shade but can dye it like you said.
post #31617 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Those saddle shoes look a little "golf shoe" for me, personally.

Yeah, I wore them once and someone asked "where are you golfing." I basically only wear these shoes with black polos and some color pant/short (white, nantucket red, denim), but since I wear a black polo pretty frequently in the summer, I end up wearing this shoe quite a bit

FYI - doing some pruning of my Alden collection - if you are interested, check my sig
post #31618 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

A couple of new arrivals at Leather Soul. Snuff suede and brown CXL barrie WT boots.
Is it just me or does this snuff look quite light?
232

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif another 2011 preorder reaches the store
post #31619 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif another 2011 preorder reaches the store

2011... wow, they're picking it up! satisfied.gif
post #31620 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvi679 View Post

Just an fyi - I ordered Alden Indy boots 403 from the NRO sale and had no problems. Never had to check on anything, ordered directly from their website. They sent an email receipt, a UPS notification of shipment next day and I received the boots within the next couple of days. No problems... nice to get 25% off and a Happy 4th of july...

that's great and i'm happy to hear someone has had a good experience with them.

meanwhile, I'm nearly a week out from ordering and they still haven't shipped mine.

I'm pretty much convinced it's because I questioned why I couldn't just pick them up in store instead of having them ship them all of 12 miles to my house.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***