Yes, both are D. Ralph Lauren is a 10D, Alden is a 9.5D, they are essentially the same length
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2060
Styleforum Top Picks
In fact, I dug up an old e-mail between Adam and myself.
Thanks for the reply.
I have had some misfortune with Alden shoes in the past, especially with shell cordovan leather completely mismatching from left to right shoe. What guarantee do you offer against such things?
I should note that this has happened with reputable sellers.
In that case, we recommend you try to purchase the shoes in a shop where you can look at the shoes yourself before purchase.
If you can't do that, then secondarily, we recommend purchasing the shoes from a retailer that is willing to issue you a refund if you are not satisfied with the shoes. I believe there are several large sellers of Alden shoes that allow returning of the shoes for a refund.
This should protect you against future misfortune.
So... does this sound reasonable?
What happens if he had a Princess Moo return policy and he sent you a pair of shoes that was fudged up by someone else?
Which is weird that people keep talking about mismatched coloring on the shoes. It is a straw man argument but they will not give us a valid argument.
This is not always the case. I personally don't think its fair that you expect every shoe to have a just off the factory finish. This is not to say it is okay for a retailer to send a pair of shoes with signs of wear on the sole and what not but you would be surprised how many times shoes you buy have been tried on, returned, handled, etc. The price is not really the point. I just bought a pair of $900 Margiela shoes that I could tell have been tried on and have some small crease lines on the upper but you won't be able to pry them from my dead hands I love them so much. You can expect that from a pair of $50 loafers to $4,500 captoes. They are shoes and once you wear the first time for longer then a few hours you should get some signs of wear no matter how careful. But I do understand you wanting to have a factory finish pair that hasn't been touched but sometimes it just isn't possible.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › ?What is the first thing you notice when you see a man in a suit? 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 8 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015