Alden J crew shell cordovan is barrie last or plaza last ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1996
Styleforum Top Picks
I love my Aldens, they're definitely nice shoes, but I'd be very annoyed to have a shoe that's already been resoled, having just gotten it. Just means I'll have it for less time. Now I can't really notice the original issue, and I don't think it's that bad, I'm basically just speaking in general.
Fair enough, you have to be happy with it otherwise you won't be happy wearing the shoes.
ive wondered this exact same thing. the toe doesnt look as chiseled as a typical Plaza toe. Looks more like Barrie last. I have this boot and it bugs me because I expected to be more square. Great looking boot nonetheless
I'm making decision to buy Cap toe in Color 8 so
which one is the best and then why J crew lace is too big
Finally if i wear indy boot in 8 D what size i have to buy 8 or 8.5
let me add on a related question for people's opinions:
1. jcrew perforated cap toes (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp)
2. LSH color 8 jumpers (http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/07/29/alden-shoes-shell-cordovan-jumper-boots/)
Edited by pic9809 - 6/9/12 at 2:25am
I totally wear my LHS with shorts! Has that old school Ivy league/vintage JFK look. color 8 LHS, khaki shorts, oxford shirt, raybans
edited: thanks neutrino!
Edited by blue collar - 6/9/12 at 5:10am
Mentioned already, but Mike and Adele are in Europe this week, I'm sure he'll get back to you when he's back.
About three weeks. They called me before doing any work. Alden was very diligent in that regard. My compliments to the factory staff for their service.
Normally, I would agree with you. But Alden is . . . Alden. I wouldn't be upset if I had to send a new boot back for recrafting. I would be upset if they didn't do anything to correct the problem. There's going to be problems with a hand finished shoe (hand sewn or machined by hand). Some of these will make it through quality control (i.e. Alden's error rate). They're still nice shoes.
As much as I'd love to jump on the "a 700 shoe needs to be perfect," a few things I've come to get comfortable with:
1- When you pay $700 for Aldens, you are not necesarrily paying for the perfect shoe. You're paying for something rare, that doesn't come around all too often, and sells out damn near instantaneously.
2- They're shoes. We wear them on our feet, all over the ground that has god knows what on it and treats them like a cheap hooker's pimp.
Unless its a real construction issue (which I've had on my Whiskey and Ravello LWBs) where the shoe will fall apart if its not fixed, I've learned not to sweat over these things (like the missed punch holes...who the hell looks at shoes that closely anyway?). If it is a serious construction issue, like I've had, I've found Alden to be extremely helpful in repairing and sending me back the shoe, yes I was out the $30 to ship them to Mass, but again, that's part of owning Aldens. When you buy a classic car for $50k, do you complain that parts are too expensive when they go?
If you can accept these things then you'll learn to love and appreciate these shoes even more. if not, spend more on Carmina or Vass.
I have the Jumper, its an awesome boot. I wouldn't worry about the Trubalance being too bulbous. And if it is, the shoe will sell out damn near instantly, so I'm sure you'd find a buyer rather quickly to get your $$ back.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015