or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1994

post #29896 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

I probably already know the answer to this, given all the discussion regarding rare shell scarcity, but here goes: does anyone know if one of the Alden shops have whiskey longwings in stock or available for preorder?

 

Thanks


Depends on your size. I think Alden SF has a pair in 9.5D....maybe 10? I cant remember. I'd give them a ring.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #29897 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

I probably already know the answer to this, given all the discussion regarding rare shell scarcity, but here goes: does anyone know if one of the Alden shops have whiskey longwings in stock or available for preorder?

Thanks


alden nyc on madison has em. not sure about what sizes but they are there...
post #29898 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by closerlook View Post

re: the alden of sf indy

i looked at a picture, and, having owned a pair of indy on the barrie, i really want to say these are actually on the trubalance.

i also saw the color8 version they did of this boot a few months ago and i was pretty sure those were actually the tru-b as well.

but i obviously can't say for sure.

no matter what, a very sweet shoe and a great shop to boot (couldn't help it)....


I called in and asked yesterday and the rep (Thomas I think?) told me they were on the Barrie. What picture did you look at, do you still have it? You may very well be correct but I don't know why they'd tell me it was the Barrie if it was not true.

yes, they told me the barrie as well. but it wouldn't be the first time there's been miscommunication from the factory to the store.
post #29899 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

I probably already know the answer to this, given all the discussion regarding rare shell scarcity, but here goes: does anyone know if one of the Alden shops have whiskey longwings in stock or available for preorder?

Thanks

try www.theshoemart.com

edit try this: www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-long-wing-blucher-shell-cordovan-whiskey-shell/pvc-ald-mxsdlw-97891_ald_m_long_wing_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

they have size 10d 11d and 12d
post #29900 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by closerlook View Post

where are these from??
thanks

I want to say those are from Tom @ LS. B E A Utiful. Love the Plaza.
post #29901 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

I probably already know the answer to this, given all the discussion regarding rare shell scarcity, but here goes: does anyone know if one of the Alden shops have whiskey longwings in stock or available for preorder?

Thanks

Alden of Carmel also carries the whiskey LWB. Email Adam for sizes available. Or there's a pair of seconds listed on the Web site in 11D, if I recall correctly. Adam can tell you what makes them seconds, but whatever it is is likely to be very minor.
post #29902 of 87912

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post


alden nyc on madison has em. not sure about what sizes but they are there...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Depends on your size. I think Alden SF has a pair in 9.5D....maybe 10? I cant remember. I'd give them a ring.

Thanks guys. I'm 8.5D. I'll try madison ave first, as I'm in CA and would like to avoid paying sales tax (not to avoid paying my fair share per se, it's just that Jerry et al in Sac. tend to wildly misappropriate that 10%)

post #29903 of 87912

Looking at all the beautiful make ups on the thread makes me sad I didn't pick up the shell PTB's at Tom Austin.  But, someone else can enjoy them, I have plenty of shoes.  Wow, the prices are getting scary.  The phrase, "You get what you pay for", is very true when it comes to these great shoes at least.

post #29904 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

Looking at all the beautiful make ups on the thread makes me sad I didn't pick up the shell PTB's at Tom Austin.  But, someone else can enjoy them, I have plenty of shoes.  Wow, the prices are getting scary.  The phrase, "You get what you pay for", is very true when it comes to these great shoes at least.
Man, I wish more people had this sentiment. Lookin at you shoe hoarders plain.gif
post #29905 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post


Thanks guys. I'm 8.5D. I'll try madison ave first, as I'm in CA and would like to avoid paying sales tax (not to avoid paying my fair share per se, it's just that Jerry et al in Sac. tend to wildly misappropriate that 10%)

The stock at NYC is pretty limited. I actually pre-paid a pair in my size... last year. I have a feeling that they will not get them until spring/summer next year. If no one has placed a deposit, and you really want the shoes, it might be worth forking over to hold your size.
post #29906 of 87912
My cigar Brixtons showed up today.

RL Lindrick and Brixton
cigbrixlin1.jpg
Brixton and Lindrick
cigbrixlin2.jpg

Missing punch. There's another one on the other shoe.
missingpunch.jpg

Cigar, ravello, natural cxl.
brixtons.jpg

The many shades of shell.
Ravello, ravello, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, 4, cigar, RL brown.
shadesofshell.jpg
post #29907 of 87912

Beautiful shoes.  Now, let's see the sun!

post #29908 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

My cigar Brixtons showed up today.
RL Lindrick and Brixton
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

cigbrixlin1.jpg
Brixton and Lindrick
cigbrixlin2.jpg
Missing punch. There's another one on the other shoe.
missingpunch.jpg
Cigar, ravello, natural cxl.
brixtons.jpg
The many shades of shell.
Ravello, ravello, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, 4, cigar, RL brown.
shadesofshell.jpg

 

 

Beautiful... worship.gif

post #29909 of 87912

alden sf told me that the cigar indys were on true balance, but its not surprising if its on barrie since most of their shoes are barrie.

post #29910 of 87912
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

My cigar Brixtons showed up today.
RL Lindrick and Brixton
cigbrixlin1.jpg


enjoy wearing your cigar wt boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***