or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1987

post #29791 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakmak View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the Pitt boots online? Leather Soul is sold out and I'm guessing these are made exclusively for them. Other suggestions on a plain toe or cap toe boot are welcome. I'm new to Alden and am eager to buy my first pair.

You might also want to check out these:

uj1.jpg

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #29792 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AML225 View Post

Did you treat the exposed wood or anything?

Exposed wood - must be Dutch Aldens from Frans Boone.

hahaha
post #29793 of 87883
Juiceman, that is exactly what I want minus the perforation. Maybe I'm just being too picky. But I'd rather wait and get exactly what I want. This will be my first time purchasing a boot at this quality/price point.
post #29794 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakmak View Post

Juiceman, that is exactly what I want minus the perforation. Maybe I'm just being too picky. But I'd rather wait and get exactly what I want. This will be my first time purchasing a boot at this quality/price point.

van1.jpg

You might like the Vanguard boot, then. I don't know if/when it's coming back. You could email LS and see, though. Very slightly different since this has brass eyelets and speed hooks, though. 

post #29795 of 87883
Yeah, very nice looking. I'll take your advice and email them. Thanks again.
post #29796 of 87883
Ahhhh thinking about letting my Ravello SWBs go... the Barrie last 's awful fit is annoying me shog[1].gif
post #29797 of 87883
chakmak, if you need more data points on the AF53s from Alden of Carmel, here's my pair at about five years.
As beautiful as the Jumpers are, I prefer a commando sole on rugged boots.



post #29798 of 87883
Just placed an order for these from J Gilbert:

233

Will be my 2nd pair of Aldens, after my Suede 904 wingtips (or is it shortwings around here?)

They'll be the most expensive shoes/boots I have ever purchased drool.gif
post #29799 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

chakmak, if you need more data points on the AF53s from Alden of Carmel, here's my pair at about five years.
As beautiful as the Jumpers are, I prefer a commando sole on rugged boots.

Those boots are beautiful.... Love your blog!

post #29800 of 87883
Quote:
The son of a stockbroker who dressed carefully but classically, he inherited an affection for wardrobe staples. “He always wore wingtips,” the actor remembers of his father. “I still have the wingtips he used to wear. An Alden shoe to me … you’ve got to have it. It’s just necessary.”

http://www.parkandbond.com/the-intersection/men-of-style/nyc-stylish-dads-kyle-maclachlan
post #29801 of 87883
Thanks Morgan, those boots look amazing!
post #29802 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

chakmak, if you need more data points on the AF53s from Alden of Carmel, here's my pair at about five years.
As beautiful as the Jumpers are, I prefer a commando sole on rugged boots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


wow, those are gorgeous... are yours on trubalance last like the current model?
post #29803 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Quote:
The son of a stockbroker who dressed carefully but classically, he inherited an affection for wardrobe staples. “He always wore wingtips,” the actor remembers of his father. “I still have the wingtips he used to wear. An Alden shoe to me … you’ve got to have it. It’s just necessary.”

http://www.parkandbond.com/the-intersection/men-of-style/nyc-stylish-dads-kyle-maclachlan

i noticed in his role as Mayor of Portland, on the show Portlandia, he wears the unlined LHS.
post #29804 of 87883

Schrag,  Saw those at JG the other day.  You will not be disappointed.  Great boot you will enjoy for many years.

post #29805 of 87883
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

wow, those are gorgeous... are yours on trubalance last like the current model?

Yeah, exact same boot. Adam at Alden of Carmel has been selling the AF53 for a while.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***