or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1951

post #29251 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Yes, buy my listed LWB! shog[1].gif
It is a nice color and can't wait for my day tripper...

I would buy them in an instant if they were my size.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #29252 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Thank you, having a hard time deciding between a ravello LWB and a Cigar cap toe, sadly need to choose 1.

Depends on what you wear day-to-day, a LWB is probably more versatile. The cigar cap toe (I assume from Alden DC) is a great boot though. If I didn't get the LS cigar wing tip boot I would have bought the cigar cap toe.
post #29253 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

black polish might alleviate this. I've scuffed my shell footwear enough times but polish (cream or wax both worked in my experience) blended it well enough for me.

Thanks! ...and you are correct...but these are really just superficial surface scuffs and a quick brushing should eliminate them...I think they are from banging on my chair at work
post #29254 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Thanks! ...and you are correct...but these are really just superficial surface scuffs and a quick brushing should eliminate them...I think they are from banging on my chair at work

Good to hear the scuffs are less severe in real life. All these recent shell 'injuries' recently... Will definitely be more mindful of my shell bal boots... the rugged look do not match them as well as on Indy's.
post #29255 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Best to see Nick at B Nelson, NYC, for steel toe taps IMO

+1. I have this problem and steel taps make them go away. If you're in America, Nick does good work.
post #29256 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

This is the easiest $3 fix you can get. Unless you want them flushed then it'll be more like $35.

+1
post #29257 of 89398

As someone with no cigar, what would be a better first shoe: Cigar cap toe blucher on the plaza, or cigar chukka on the barrie?

post #29258 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

As someone with no cigar, what would be a better first shoe: Cigar cap toe on the plaza, or cigar chukka on the barrie?

The plaza cap toe you speak of sounds sexy, but personally i'd get more use out of the chukka. My style is 95% casual though.
post #29259 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

As someone with no cigar, what would be a better first shoe: Cigar cap toe blucher on the plaza, or cigar chukka on the barrie?

+1 for cap toes on the plaza. Wearing a pair of them today actually.
post #29260 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


The plaza cap toe you speak of sounds sexy, but personally i'd get more use out of the chukka. My style is 95% casual though.


I don't own any chukkas which is why I'm interested in them, but I dont know how to wear them or what to wear them with.

post #29261 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


I don't own any chukkas which is why I'm interested in them, but I dont know how to wear them or what to wear them with.

...with anything except a suit in my opinion. The chukka is a casual boot, but having it in shell dresses it up a little bit making it very versatile.
post #29262 of 89398
For those in NYC, how many suede bucks / longwings did Tom Austin have? Been craving a more summer shoe and just saw a Tom Austin one on eBay
post #29263 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

For those in NYC, how many suede bucks / longwings did Tom Austin have? Been craving a more summer shoe and just saw a Tom Austin one on eBay

Not many and mainly the basic styles (e.g., black & #8 LWB)
post #29264 of 89398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Not many and mainly the basic styles (e.g., black & #8 LWB)

Anything like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-ALDEN-SUEDE-WINGTIPS-10D-NEW-WITH-BOX-AND-ALL-PACKAGING-/330741609596?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4d01bc747c#ht_505wt_1245

But maybe in tan or snuff?
post #29265 of 89398

Can't remember. Honestly when I was there last week, stock was pretty thin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***