or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1947

post #29191 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

This may have been previously discussed, but what is the female equivalent shoe company to Alden?  Fashion aside, I'm talking quality, comfort, made in the US, if possible.  Let's see what you guys and women too, have to say.  Thanks.


My wife has been asking this question for years.  She has bought a few shoes from the Crockett and Jones womens collection.  Yesterday we made a trip into NYC to see the Varda store.  She bought two pair, and is happy with them. 

http://www.vardashoes.com/

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #29192 of 91817
1. Don't sell your cigar LWB! (this is such a classic model, even if you have multi cigar colored shoes)
2. Not sure, but that's crazy enough that it just might work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

"Zaza!" (Godfather 3 font), what an idea! I was thinking of selling my Cigar LWB as I have so many cigar shoes now, but I may just take them to a good cobbler and have him add brass eyelets...shouldn't be too difficult a job right?
post #29193 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


"Zaza!" (Godfather 3 font), what an idea! I was thinking of selling my Cigar LWB as I have so many cigar shoes now, but I may just take them to a good cobbler and have him add brass eyelets...shouldn't be too difficult a job right?

That is a good question.... please let us know if you find out the answer!

post #29194 of 91817
Untitled
#8 NST (Aberdeen)
post #29195 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

This may have been previously discussed, but what is the female equivalent shoe company to Alden?  Fashion aside, I'm talking quality, comfort, made in the US, if possible.  Let's see what you guys and women too, have to say.  Thanks.

If made in USA is of real importance, look at Munro American.  In truth, we've never found anything comparable to men's shoes except for Crockett and Jones women's line. And we've been looking for years.  

post #29196 of 91817
indy laces got caught in my bike chain and caused me to rear end a car today.

is there anywhere i can get a shorter pair of flat waxed laces? edit: nevermind i'll just use the ol' wraparound method
post #29197 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

indy laces got caught in my bike chain and caused me to rear end a car today.
is there anywhere i can get a shorter pair of flat waxed laces?

Holy crap! Are your shoes OK?

**Edit**

Have you tried wrapping the laces around the top?
post #29198 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

indy laces got caught in my bike chain and caused me to rear end a car today.
is there anywhere i can get a shorter pair of flat waxed laces? edit: nevermind i'll just use the ol' wraparound method

This is probably the first of such shoe related bike car incident!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Anyways I hope you are ok.
post #29199 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Holy crap! Are your shoes OK?

rotflmao.gif
post #29200 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Untitled
#8 NST (Aberdeen)

how is the fit on the Aberdeen last?
post #29201 of 91817
s4aq83.jpg
s4aq83.jpg
#8 monks
argyles otc
post #29202 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Holy crap! Are your shoes OK?
**Edit**
Have you tried wrapping the laces around the top?
Haha literally the first thing I wanted to check was my shoes. Everyone around me was like "are you okay man you should sit down!" but I just wanted to flee and make sure my precious shoes were unscathed. Turns out I got a bit of chain grease on the ankles...but after a bit of brushing it left a unique patina so i'm okay with it.
post #29203 of 91817
Anyone have shipping times/info from Tom Austin? Bought a pair last Thursday and NY is usually a 2 day transit.
post #29204 of 91817

The way I walk seems to put a lot of wear on the toes of my Aldens, and all pairs that I own have this same trait, but this pair has it the worst. Will toe taps fix this issue?

securedownload (3).jpg

 

securedownload (4).jpg

I've only worn these five times, it would be a massive shame to have to do a premature recraft.

post #29205 of 91817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

Anyone have shipping times/info from Tom Austin? Bought a pair last Thursday and NY is usually a 2 day transit.

They have been pretty busy so I would give them this week. It was also Memorial weekend so that will delay things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***