or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1939

post #29071 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Those are RRLOfficer cut pants in denim, not jeans.
Apparently the roll is okay with denim in non-jean cuts.
P. W. Herman approves of this combo.

exactly. the material is lighter, similar to my khaki RRL selvedge chino. the roll/fold resembles that of a trouser and looks much better imo

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #29072 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Can you be more specific? Canal St. sidewalk is a totally different shade than UES sidewalk... I need to be sure I'm ready to fit with the trend. happy.gif


lol at wearing suede on canal street. Toxic brown fish sludge cannot be good for the suede.
post #29073 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Alden White Suede Chukka Leydon Last
IMG]

Hello,

Do you have issues with the denim rubbing off on the suede? Best.
post #29074 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Love the shoe and jean combo. Great contrast.
I just dont understand...confused.gif
sly.gifnest.gif

229

crazy.gif
post #29075 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Can you be more specific? Canal St. sidewalk is a totally different shade than UES sidewalk... I need to be sure I'm ready to fit with the trend. happy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post

lol at wearing suede on canal street. Toxic brown fish sludge cannot be good for the suede.

spray twice for even application!
post #29076 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Hello,
Do you have issues with the denim rubbing off on the suede? Best.

RRL chinos didnt bleed onto the chukkas icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
same trouser I sold you, just in a denim selvedge instead of chino
post #29077 of 89922
I'm sure NAMOR is wearing those together KNOWING he'll get some denim rub off...
post #29078 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

316t74k.jpg
ravello lhs
argyles otc

The epitome of class !
post #29079 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Hello,
Do you have issues with the denim rubbing off on the suede? Best.

"A bear and a rabbit are taking a crap in the woods…"
post #29080 of 89922

If I wear 10D in the Barrie last, would I likely wear 10D in the Van last?

post #29081 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

RRL chinos didnt bleed onto the chukkas icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
same trouser I sold you, just in a denim selvedge instead of chino

I actually bought this year's version of those denim selvedge officer's chinos b/c I liked the ones you sold me so much! I've been paranoid about wearing them w/ suede though....
post #29082 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post

If I wear 10D in the Barrie last, would I likely wear 10D in the Van last?

I do, but I go sockless (or super thin socks) in the Van last. It's atouch shorter and a touch more narrow. But works pretty well.
post #29083 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

I actually bought this year's version of those denim selvedge officer's chinos b/c I liked the ones you sold me so much! I've been paranoid about wearing them w/ suede though....

Im sure it'll bleed but unlike raw denim that bleeds after just an hour, these didn't bleed at all after a 4 hour wear. I'm sure humidity plays a factor. Cali .. smile.gif
post #29084 of 89922
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

I do, but I go sockless (or super thin socks) in the Van last. It's atouch shorter and a touch more narrow. But works pretty well.

 

+1, I'm 8.5 in Barrie and Van. Van is a bit more snug but that works very well for e.g. the LHS

post #29085 of 89922

Alden-Ravello-at dusk-B.JPG

Alden-Ravello-at Dusk.JPG

 

My latest addition to my gunboat collection (Ravello from Alden of DC).  I think these maybe my favorite ones!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***